What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

I rode it today. We are having a heat wave here in South Carolina. It was supposed to be over 100 degrees F today. I didn't wait for it. I left around 9am and rode towards the Blue Ridge Parkway to beat the heat. Found some new roads (that's what gps is for), all two lane country roads, even in shade. Got to Hendersonville NC around 12:30, then onwards to Blue Ridge Parkway. Since next weekend I'll be riding the Dragon and other roads in the direction of Cherokee during our rally, I decided to ride to Mount Mitchell. It was a beautiful day, no rain anywhere. My F6B indicated 69 degrees F at Mount Mitchell.

Then I rode back to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. It was only about 6pm and I wasn't tired, so I decided to ride back home (another 160 miles). I intended to stay the night somewhere but went home instead. What can I say, I'm cheap. Made it home around 9:25pm. I did take the highway as it got dark due to fear of deer at night on those backroads.

All in all another great ride!

Ordered the Throttle Meister this morning and walked by her on the way to the airport

Quote Originally Posted by decubitus View Post
    Those are not the same kind of push-pins as are in the left cubby. You only need to pull the center pin part out a little. Then the whole fastener comes out.
    Thank you. The owner's manual doesn't differentiate between the different types of push pins.

I added more black chrome, pictures when it's done.

Changed the Oil, filter,(Shell Rotella T6 OEM Honda Filter) and cleaned the bugs off the shield. Thinking about installing the Madstad I Got during the Franklin NC. Rally....A bit lazy today. First day I've had down time in awhile................Dickie

[QUOTE=bigbird;43237]Here's my report:

You might be interested in my observations of my first oil change.

First, if you have a centre stand which I don't have but am getting, the job will definitely be easier. With my bike on the side stand, my oil drain pan barely fit under the belly pan. I couldn't remove both the drain bolt and the filter at the same time. There was zero clearance for my hand or tools.

Harley makes a very long an low about 3" high plastic drain pan, if you can fit it under a Hawg should work fine on the Honda.
    ss^,
    Ken

First coat of Liquid Glass

I washed her with Dawn dishwashing liquid to get old wax off as best I could. Then coated her with Maguier's Swirl X. Then finished off with her first (of many) coat of Liquid Glass. I am impressed. She really shines. I look forward to get about 10 more coats on her.

Put mine to sleep for the winter. Sad day.

Attachment 9513 added a nice bolt to my rear tire

That sucks !!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com