What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 47
Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I've been so busy I haven't seen any news or weather in a couple of days. I take a break and check out the forum. Rode the bike to pick up some stuff I needed this morning and left it out. Got rid of all the road dust, and the bugs wiped right off. All good!

We were just crackin your nuts a bit. I have had several days when I went to work dry and drove home wet because I ignored the forecast. Glad the dust got washed away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Installed my RIDERSCAN mirror

Got back from a 500 mile trip yesterday and decided my Go-Cruise throttle lock was not performing as I like, so picked up a BrakeAway unit from a local dealer and put it on today. Much better. Had one on my 1300 and should have went that route to begin with.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Got back from a 500 mile trip yesterday and decided my Go-Cruise throttle lock was not performing as I like, so picked up a BrakeAway unit from a local dealer and put it on today. Much better. Had one on my 1300 and should have went that route to begin with.
    I wish they made this in black. I had this unit on my M109, it's a great unit once it's dialed in. Install is a little tricky.
    The force is strong in this one.....

Changed my windshield again! When I got the bike the previous owner had installed an 11" Cee Bailey's screen in dark tint on the bike. I liked the look of it but it just wasn't tall enough for me. I traded the Bailey's for an OEM tall screen w/vent (thanks ED209). That shield worked well but it didn't have the right look for the bike. For kicks I put on the stock screen just to see what all the fuss was about. Fuss substantiated, the stock shorty is garbage. Today the UPS man dropped of my new Klock Werks 16" Flare which I ordered Monday - pretty good turnaround right!? Since I'm no stranger to installing the shield I swapped them in no time and took a quick spin around the neighborhood. My first impressions are positive. I LOVE the look compared to the tall screen (for the record I DO like the way the stock shorty looks but can't stand to ride with it). The recurved shield does seem to "flip" the air up so that it is not hitting my face or chest. Time will tell how well it will perform so stay tuned for updates. Here are some pics of the new shield:

Attachment 13707Attachment 13708Attachment 13709Attachment 13710

Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaMike View Post
    Changed my windshield again! When I got the bike the previous owner had installed an 11" Cee Bailey's screen in dark tint on the bike. I liked the look of it but it just wasn't tall enough for me. I traded the Bailey's for an OEM tall screen w/vent (thanks ED209). That shield worked well but it didn't have the right look for the bike. For kicks I put on the stock screen just to see what all the fuss was about. Fuss substantiated, the stock shorty is garbage. Today the UPS man dropped of my new Klock Werks 16" Flare which I ordered Monday - pretty good turnaround right!? Since I'm no stranger to installing the shield I swapped them in no time and took a quick spin around the neighborhood. My first impressions are positive. I LOVE the look compared to the tall screen (for the record I DO like the way the stock shorty looks but can't stand to ride with it). The recurved shield does seem to "flip" the air up so that it is not hitting my face or chest. Time will tell how well it will perform so stay tuned for updates. Here are some pics of the new shield:

Attachment 13707Attachment 13708Attachment 13709Attachment 13710
    That looks awesome! Can you do me a favor and measure it like this?

Attachment 13717

I bought the 14" one and it was more like 12.5-13".

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That looks awesome! Can you do me a favor and measure it like this?

Attachment 13717

I bought the 14" one and it was more like 12.5-13".
    Hi Bobby - measured to the highest part of the shield from the base of the display (like your picture) = 15 7/8"

Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaMike View Post
    Hi Bobby - measured to the highest part of the shield from the base of the display (like your picture) = 15 7/8"
    Thanks! Now if they would just offer the vent on the F6B shield. I'm tempted to buy the Wing version with the vent but not sure on the height.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks! Now if they would just offer the vent on the F6B shield. I'm tempted to buy the Wing version with the vent but not sure on the height.
    So... buy the vent and install it into whichever shield you want

I like the look of the Klock Werks very much Matches perfectly to the F6B. Especially that flip at the top gives it a special tone.
    It would be already on my shopping list, if there would be a vent. When i first saw the vent on the big oem shield, i asked myself "Whoever will need this?". After riding on a hot summer day in full protection gear, i knew its purpose. Also riding in rain i open the vent, because the air will blow the rain drops from the helmet, so i have a better view.

It's like in nature... good looks often lack a bit of functionality and vice versa... or do you really think she would also be good cook?
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim