What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just finish installing a 14" klock Werks and a mid rider ultimate seat with both backrest. Now taking her on a spin through the mountains of North Georgia.

Kury grips, hwy pegs and risers today. Passenger backrest is next. Then I'll probably paint the pegs and shift/brake levers to match the kuryakyn stuff. Smoked turn signals and fog lights in the near future. 12v adapter and that'll bout do it.

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    2 weeks waiting for a new Mustang Tripper Fastback Deluxe (Tuck and Roll Center)...finally is here but I wasn't able to put in the motorcycle. I was fighting against the lateral screws and after a couple of hours I gave up (shame on me!!!!)
    Watching the video looks very easy, but...was impossible for me. I'm so frustrated and disappointed...
    You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....
    Well, I feel much better now because there are an explanation beyond my miserable mechanical skills ...thanks for your technical advices, I'll follow them.

Best regards, opas ride!

PD...already ordered
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Cee-Bailey Windshield

I have owned my red F6B since 2/20/14. My previous favorite bike was my '97 Valk. Tourer. My F6b is best bike I've owned, just added the shield 15" with vent. I am 6', and I have no wind buffeting, while being able to see over it. I also bolted on black mini foot boards, Kuryakyn chrome brake pedal, and smoked turn signal lenses. Next addition, Kuryakyn rear LED lights, and MC Cruise control from Australia. I had a bagger shield split windscreen, but was either looking through it, or being slammed with air to my upper chest. Ride hard, ride safe, Fatrboy
    1964 Honda P-50
    1970 Honda CB 350
    1976 Honda 750 sport
    1977 Honda GL 1000
    1978 Yamaha XL 1200
    1979 Yamaha XL 1200 Custom
    1983 Yamaha 1300 Venture Royale
    1997 Valkyrie Tourer
    2004 Yamaha Roadstar
    2013 Honda Red F6B

Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring
    Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug
    Doug,
    I think I'm gonna hang on to it as a back up. It does have a tiny stone chip so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it. I also have a dark tint Cee Bailey's(11") that worked well for me that I would part with, but I would really recommend the Clearview.

Thanks for the interest,
    Doug (see a pattern here?)

Paniment Valley Ride

It was a nice Hi Desert afternoon so the wife and I took a ride up the Paniment Valley in So. Cal. 65' was not bad in a sweatshirt.Attachment 10727

Installed my electronic flasher for my socalmoto LED turn signal and brake light kit. It was an adventure taking apart the dash for the first time. It wasn't difficult, but I went slowly, as it seemed every electrical connector had a different type and location for its release.

From the pics you can see the bike with the meter panel removed, and then the gauge cluster removed. By accessing the flasher from the instrument side of the dash I avoided removing all the front plastic and windscreen, which seemed like more work.

Next you can see a closeup of the area behind the meter gauge where the stock flasher is located. The stock flasher gets disconnected, and the new flasher just plugs into the harness. If anyone wants details, just ask or PM me. There are a few gotcha's that can make this a PITA if you don't think them through.
    Those two large connectors to the meter gauge cluster have their release tabs on top of the connectors. You can only remove them by feel. The release tabs are easy to press, but much wiggling is required to separate the male and female. The reverse is true for the single electrical connector for the meter panel. Its connector is hard to press, but easy to separate.

Attachment 10905Attachment 10906Attachment 10907Attachment 10908

You can see the new flasher module in the centre of the pictures between the connectors. It is the shiny cylinder that says "electronic" on it.