What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 61
Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Today I drove her out to the airport for breakfast and took a picture in front of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. Put a new belly pan on. Checked the air in the tires for the first time, 20 on the front 28 on the rear, now they are 36/41. I checked the oil just in case they screwed that up at the dealership as well. Oil level was actually good. Over 200 miles first week of owning the bike. Very happy with it. Sunday I get to ride lead in the Oklahoma State Criterium Championship in Enid, OK. It is a closed course bicycle race that runs in a figure eight around two blocks downtown.

I just added a Black with chrome spikes license plate border.

Doug

Fixed my non-functioning brake/tail lights.
    Both my LED replacement bulbs had fallen out of their sockets after some bumpy riding. They were both just bouncing around inside the lens. The fitment of the LED's was loose to begin with, but I didn't think they'd ever fall out.
    I electrical taped the LED bulbs firmly to their sockets.
    I checked all other replacement LED's and they were all still tight in the other sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Fixed my non-functioning brake/tail lights.
    Both my LED replacement bulbs had fallen out of their sockets after some bumpy riding. They were both just bouncing around inside the lens. The fitment of the LED's was loose to begin with, but I didn't think they'd ever fall out.
    I electrical taped the LED bulbs firmly to their sockets.
    I checked all other replacement LED's and they were all still tight in the other sockets.
    Sorry to hear that Terry. It's one of the reason's I like OEM.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I brought her home today. Her name is Beatrice and we call her Bea for short. She's a 2015 Deluxe in matte silver. Installing the RAM GPS mount today and hooking up the iPod.

Riding her is taking some getting used to. Turning the bars doesn’t turn the windshield and fairing as it did with Val (my Valkyrie Interstate). The power and braking are incredible! Seems like a rougher ride and I have the suspension turned all the way down to “low”. 107 miles so far and more to follow today if this damned Massachusetts weather will let up for an hour or so!

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Sorry to hear that Terry. It's one of the reason's I like OEM.
    It wasn't a biggie, Jeff. Still worth it to me for the brightness, longevity, and low wattage draw of LED's. I'll be changing out all 4 headlight bulbs with 2400 lumen LED's shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    Today I drove her out to the airport for breakfast and took a picture in front of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. Put a new belly pan on. Checked the air in the tires for the first time, 20 on the front 28 on the rear, now they are 36/41. I checked the oil just in case they screwed that up at the dealership as well. Oil level was actually good. Over 200 miles first week of owning the bike. Very happy with it. Sunday I get to ride lead in the Oklahoma State Criterium Championship in Enid, OK. It is a closed course bicycle race that runs in a figure eight around two blocks downtown.
    40 or 41 in the front okie...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I cleaned 10 lbs of bugs and road grime from my Ozzark trip! Well worth it, though. Front tire lost only 1 lb of air during the week. Not too bad. Oil and filter change in the morning! Definitely will do a ride there again.

Thanks Fla I'll up the front tire. I saw on another site they run 40/40.