What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 62
Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

I installed my Ram mount and XM radio on the bike as well as a set of handle bar risers, MBL I believe. Much more comfortable. Yesterday I rode over to the Ultimate seat outlet store in Ormond Beach to check out seats. The King was very comfortable but it raised me up .5 to and inch. I have a very short inseam, 30" and it took me off the ground more and I had to stand on my toes. The Midmount was good for my leg height but it moves me forward about an inch which was too far forward for my tall torso and long arms. The seat was beautifully crafted, fit nicely and had a beautiful red stripe around it that matched my red F6b. Russell, the tech there is very competent, patient, and good @ what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsass View Post
    I brought her home today. Her name is Beatrice and we call her Bea for short. She's a 2015 Deluxe in matte silver. Installing the RAM GPS mount today and hooking up the iPod.

Riding her is taking some getting used to. Turning the bars doesn’t turn the windshield and fairing as it did with Val (my Valkyrie Interstate). The power and braking are incredible! Seems like a rougher ride and I have the suspension turned all the way down to “low”. 107 miles so far and more to follow today if this damned Massachusetts weather will let up for an hour or so!

Crank the rear preload up a bit and it will ride better. If it's all the way low then you are bottoming out. That's probably why it feels rough. Most of us set it halfway which is 17 clicks from the bottom.

Added the Muth Mirror rubber edge trim from E/C # 09410 $4.95 and 10 minutes to install !!! Looks MUCH better...seemed to be a big gap around the mirror and now it is a much cleaner look !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Added the Muth Mirror rubber edge trim from E/C # 09410 $4.95 and 10 minutes to install !!! Looks MUCH better...seemed to be a big gap around the mirror and now it is a much cleaner look !!!
    Are the Muth Mirrors smaller than the stock OEM mirrors ?

Finally managed to install my Mustang seat thanks to all the great tips and advice received from the forum members. Thanks everyone!!

Loving the seat and glad I fought through my bumbling to see the job through.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Are the Muth Mirrors smaller than the stock OEM mirrors ?
    I did not think so...but there was a gap and this fills it up...hope this helps, maybe someone else could chime in !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Crank the rear preload up a bit and it will ride better. If it's all the way low then you are bottoming out. That's probably why it feels rough. Most of us set it halfway which is 17 clicks from the bottom.
    Thanks, I"ll give that a try.

All I did today was ride around town (Plymouth, MA) with no particular place to go, but still managed to rack up 200 miles. Can't seem to stop riding this wonderful machine!

Right

32,454 miles. Fresh fluids. I've been doing every 4k but might bump it up to 5k. The rear diff doesn't take much. That quart will probably last the life of the bike.

Attachment 14467

Bar End Weight

Had a wide gap on the left Bar End Weight and decided to remedy it. Did a quick fix with two different size Black O-Ring. Have a good selection of sizes from Harbor. Took the smaller of the rings and severed it and set it in the bottom of the gap. Took the larger ring and slid it over the Bar End Weight, covering the smaller ring. Worked great IMHO, in filling the "gap"

Attachment 14468Attachment 14469Attachment 14470