What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 70
Page 70 of 126 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    +1 I ride clearview 19" with vent tinted!
    I don't understand. Clearview told me they don't make a taller shield than 16" for the f6b. I have the 16 and want a taller shield. Wanted to stay with Clearview. I know Cee Bailey has a 19" but thought that would be too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    What I did to my F6b today was to trade it in for a Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring. I appreciate all the info and help I received while I was here.
    Thanks
    Aww dude.. you bailed on the bike huh? I know you weren't able to get comfortable on it; hopefully the Guzzi serves you better. That's a beauty for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I don't understand. Clearview told me they don't make a taller shield than 16" for the f6b. I have the 16 and want a taller shield. Wanted to stay with Clearview. I know Cee Bailey has a 19" but thought that would be too tall.
    Didn't you ask this before G? Or am I having deja-vu...

I think John's on a trip to Connecticut, not sure if he'll reply soon but I don't know either; I too thought the 16 was their biggest.

Last week I was changing the oil and when I went to remove the front portion of my black Show Chrome belly pan low and behold the right screw was ripped out of it and that section was bent pretty bad.I must of clipped a curb or sumthin and that pan took the brunt of the hit.Couldn't really repair it as the back portion was ripped where the bolt went in so I ordered the Macgyvor pan and installed it today.Really nice pan and stout but somewhat of a pain to get in place but after a little fighten her in all is well and protected again.Plus the week I rode without a pan I can say the crosswinds did effect me a lot more and today she felt much better with a new pan in place IMHO.Big thumbs up for the Macgyvor product.

fl1madmax

Finally in my Cabin in Cleveland Ga,

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Last week I was changing the oil and when I went to remove the front portion of my black Show Chrome belly pan low and behold the right screw was ripped out of it and that section was bent pretty bad.I must of clipped a curb or sumthin and that pan took the brunt of the hit.Couldn't really repair it as the back portion was ripped where the bolt went in so I ordered the Macgyvor pan and installed it today.Really nice pan and stout but somewhat of a pain to get in place but after a little fighten her in all is well and protected again.Plus the week I rode without a pan I can say the crosswinds did effect me a lot more and today she felt much better with a new pan in place IMHO.Big thumbs up for the Macgyvor product.
    First vacation this year, rode from Cleveland on 129 to Murphy , and back thru Brassbald and Helen, going to Dragon tomorrow, and all places in between, 3 weeks of riding !!!!!! its hot but in the Shadows of Mountain roads
    not so bad.........love this scooter !!!! 2nd gear 20-60 all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Didn't you ask this before G? Or am I having deja-vu...

I think John's on a trip to Connecticut, not sure if he'll reply soon but I don't know either; I too thought the 16 was their biggest.
    Hmm. Don't remember say 19" but I did say Clearview tall. Measuring from front cowl to top of recurve is 16". This takes the wind over my helmet. I start my trip Thursday after work.

Changed oil and filter today. 3rd change, Rotella T6 and a K&N filter. Ready for the trip minus packing and go pro position.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    The Macgyvor pan is very tuff.... get a kick out of the guys who don't want or use one...cheap insurance !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Ready for the trip minus packing and go pro position.
    Im interested in what you decide on for the GoPro. I'm thinking about bringing mine along this weekend.

Had a new front tire put on; stock lasted 15,000 miles. I should do the math on how much I'll save versus the usual 5,000-7,000 miles I've gotten on other bikes. Hell, I only got about 3,500 on the original rear one 2011 Multi.

I stumped my toe on my F6B when I went to the Garage freezer to get the Ice pack for my paining Shoulder from Rotator-tendon surgery thats keeping me from riding it on such beautiful blue sky sunny Day:
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"