What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 81
Page 81 of 126 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

spark plugs

Installed new plugs; NGK BKR7E-11

Just took it to the Dealer to have the leaking rear brake caliber bleed valve hole looked at; from the brake recall work that was recently performed.

They actually gave me a ride home this time and will pick me up once it's been addressed. I hope they get it right this time.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Changed the oil, 29940 miles .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Changed the oil, 29940 miles .....
    I change mine every 4,000 miles, think 29940 is a bit longer than suggested in the maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I change mine every 4,000 miles, think 29940 is a bit longer than suggested in the maintenance schedule.
    Yep !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I washed the sea salt from the RTE V off of mine today so I can see through the shield on tomorrows ride to Jacksonville Fl. Will change the oil after the return ride.............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Today with the F6B

She went to M/C store for new shoes and the brake recall. I did the new Metzler ME888's. I have been a long time Metzler user and wanted to stay with them. See how this new tire works out. My others were ME880 or ME 88s' as the models changed. I know the mileage is not as good as others, but the stick to the road and I love twisties at sub sonic speeds. We will see! I was wondering is anyone else noticed the bike sounds like a fighter jet?
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    She went to M/C store for new shoes and the brake recall. I did the new Metzler ME888's. I have been a long time Metzler user and wanted to stay with them. See how this new tire works out. My others were ME880 or ME 88s' as the models changed. I know the mileage is not as good as others, but the stick to the road and I love twisties at sub sonic speeds. We will see! I was wondering is anyone else noticed the bike sounds like a fighter jet?
    Not a fighter jet; but the tone of the exhaust is certainly most enjoyable. Exudes a seamless, powerful moan and tone; I am really likeing the exhaust of my 2015 deluxe.

It is a total change from the cacophony of aftermarket V-Twin exhaust sound.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Installed the Rivco Aero pegs, easy and useful, not a waste of money at all. Did NOT get rid of the hum as I thought I did. I took an early ride, thought it was gone, then cancelled the meet up with Jim. I expect that it's part of the bike now. I still would like another 15 owner to try it someday. Had a great ride solo, 160 miles.

I also posted this on my Facebook page...

" To all licensed drivers...when I'm on my motorcycle, I'm licensed, registered and insured, just like you are. I have every right to be on that road as you do. You ARE NOT superior to me, you DO NOT own that road. Get used to it, because I'm NOT going anywhere."

The ride was a good one, but as you can tell, I had a few "close calls".
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    My black one is as fast as a fighter jet. Mach something or the other. The other colors are noticeably slower. I've got the 888 on the front for a couple thousand now. Love it. Sticks good in the wet.