Just placed an order
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just placed an order

Just placed an order

Can't wait for all these things to go on the bike. I ordered all black kuryakyn ergo iii pegs, madstad 11" clear, GPS mount, 12v socket. Wish honda had cruise on this bike. I wud be in heaven. Anyways now looking for some cruise option. I know I'll get the rostra electric one. But that will be a winter project. For now something else will do.

1. Where can I get the longer version of Aux cable that is in the left glove box ? I plan to put GPS at the clutch assembly and that wire is not long enough. I intend to run that Aux cable to feed in my GPS so I can hear the directions on the bike audio.

2. Are the ergo iii pegs safe ? I mean I don"t want to limit the lean angle of the bike in the curves. I like the rivco pegs but I'm really short and don't think I'll reach it.

Thanks

Attachment 7804Attachment 7805

aux plug

just buy a headphone extension cord, not bike specific, for normal headsets like for use on ipod/mp3 players. Walmart or radioshack, It will be male on one end and female on the other. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Where can I get the longer version of Aux cable that is in the left glove box ? I plan to put GPS at the clutch assembly and that wire is not long enough. I intend to run that Aux cable to feed in my GPS so I can hear the directions on the bike audio.
    Pretty sure that's just a standard 3.5mm audio plug. You can buy an extension cable for that just about anywhere. Check out local electronics stores or order from eBay. I see a 6' on eBay for a little over $3 with free shipping.
    Ken (Hornblower)

2. Are the ergo iii pegs safe ? I mean I don"t want to limit the lean angle of the bike in the curves. I like the rivco pegs but I'm really short and don't think I'll reach it.

Thanks

Attachment 7804Attachment 7805[/QUOTE]

I have not found any limit with the ERGO III's. I have scraped but with the play these allow all is fine.

Can't wait for all these things to go on the bike. I ordered all black kuryakyn ergo iii pegs, madstad 11" clear, GPS mount, 12v socket. Wish honda had cruise on this bike. I wud be in heaven. Anyways now looking for some cruise option. I know I'll get the rostra electric one. But that will be a winter project. For now something else will do.
    Go Cruise is the cheapest way to go and works well, especially the new aluminum version.

Throttlemeister is also a popular option. There are other similar throttle lock devices out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Go Cruise is the cheapest way to go and works well, especially the new aluminum version.

Throttlemeister is also a popular option. There are other similar throttle lock devices out there too.
    Awesome to learn about Throttlemeister! I had it on a BMW years ago and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRider View Post

Thanks

Attachment 7804Attachment 7805
    I have not found any limit with the ERGO III's. I have scraped but with the play these allow all is fine.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem!

Wish honda had cruise on this bike. I wud be in heaven. Anyways now looking for some cruise option.
    I've tried many throttle locks, starting with those cheap rubber friction jobs, next to Throttlemeister, and finally Brakeaway. By far the safest and easiest to use is the Brakeaway. Pricey, but well worth it.

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/mov...akeaway_sm.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I've tried many throttle locks, starting with those cheap rubber friction jobs, next to Throttlemeister, and finally Brakeaway. By far the safest and easiest to use is the Brakeaway. Pricey, but well worth it.

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/mov...akeaway_sm.wmv
    Bummer! Looks like it won't work with heated grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Bummer! Looks like it won't work with heated grips.
    Yes it will.