Just placed an order - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just placed an order

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Yes it will.
    Their web site says it doesn't work with heated grips. You find a way to make it work?

Attachment 7834
    ---
    When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    It can be done.

I don't have the B-way, and I don't remember the specifics, but it wasn't very difficult,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I've tried many throttle locks, starting with those cheap rubber friction jobs, next to Throttlemeister, and finally Brakeaway. By far the safest and easiest to use is the Brakeaway. Pricey, but well worth it.

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/mov...akeaway_sm.wmv

Brakeaway price is comparable with Throttlemeister as long as you do your own install.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Yes it will.
    HiFly,

Do you remember what was involved with 'making it work'?

Wasn't it something like tying a grip wire back or some other small thing????

I think it's "Not recommended w/heated grips" as there is a fear of getting the grip wire hung up in the brake release linkage in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Go Cruise is the cheapest way to go and works well, especially the new aluminum version.

Disagree; I don't think the Go Cruise works well at all. It's barely better than nothing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Disagree; I don't think the Go Cruise works well at all. It's barely better than nothing IMO.
    My experience has been different than yours. I've had both the older plastic Go Cruise which worked okay, but had quite a bit of slippage so could only be used for short spurts without constant adjustment. I now have the newer aluminum version of the Go Cruise and it works great by actually locking the throttle in place with minimal adjustment. You still can't really use it for extended periods because it will slip eventually, but for my needs I just want to rest my hand for a minute or two and it's perfect for that especially for around $30.

Have you tried the Aluminum Go Cruise or just the older plastic version?

I have the new aluminum Go Cruise. It's very difficult to set a precise speed. Very. When you finally get it tweaked to the speed you want, it starts slipping immediately. I've adjusted the tension using the new tension wheel to the point of tightness that it's very hard to move, and it still won't hold the speed for more than 20 or 30 seconds.

This thing is really nothing more than a gimmick; not worth half the price IMO.

I've got the Brake -Away on my Valkyrie and it works great. It looks good on the Valkyrie. However, on my F6B, not sure I want the bare aluminum color up there and the Throttlemeister looks nice and am thinking that is the way to go. I could be wrong, but I like the looks of the matching machined end weights.

I have the new aluminum Go Cruise. It's very difficult to set a precise speed. Very. When you finally get it tweaked to the speed you want, it starts slipping immediately. I've adjusted the tension using the new tension wheel to the point of tightness that it's very hard to move, and it still won't hold the speed for more than 20 or 30 seconds.

just curious are you using the Go Cruise on the OEM stock grips? I have it on the Kuryakyn grips with the small supplied band and it works just fine I have not tried it with the stock grips.
    I have found on straightaways it holds just fine and I can accelerate to pass then when I let off, the throttle drops right back to where the Go Cruise was set with no slippage at all, in fact my has never slipped from anywhere I've set it. I'm also able to set mine with one finger and gloves on. I did add an O-ring to each side to cut down the lateral movement. For what I wanted it for....relax hand for a few min, zip up/down jacket, I love it.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Not sure what to tell you other than I just came back from a 2 hour ride and used the aluminum Go Cruise multiple times on the ride and it held speed just fine after I got it set properly. I rarely use it for more than a minute or so though. Works great for my purposes, but obviously it's not for everyone. If someone is looking for a cruise that they can set and forget for minutes on end than there are definitely better options that will hold speed for longer lengths of time.