Torq Loop Update? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loop Update?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    This mod is sounding better and better.

Larry, don't you need to take your bike in for inspection? No issues? I *might* be moving to Morgan Hill just outside of San Jose...
    Nope, so far no motorcycle inspection of any type in Calif. other than it must be C.A.R.B.(Calif. Air Resources Board) compliant to be registered here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...esources_Board

The state tried to start a smog check on scoots several years ago like what we have to do to our cages every two yrs or when we sell a cage to a privet party, the selling party is responsible for this.
    No smog inspection station wanted the responsibly of hooking up the test gear and running the bikes engine up and down the RPMs like is done on a cage, there also was a large protest by guys like me who did not want some pimply faced kid messing with my scoot, removing seats, side panels etc. and possibly doing damage to the paint or frying something while trying to get at the ECU or coil wires.

Calif. doesn't have an annul or biannual safety inspection program either like some states do. AZ is the only state to inspect & test scoots for smog related items and I believe it might only be in certain counties, but I'm not positive about that, maybe some AZ scooter owner might chime in here.

The only issue in Calif. is all vehicles must meet Calif. C.A.R.B. requierments to be registered here. As a Calif. resident I can not buy a Non C.A.R.B. compliant vehicle from out of state and register it here unless it is used and has 7500 miles on the odometer. In other words ya can't by a NEW stick shift V-8 in Calif. due to C.A.R.B. smog requirements, now I might be wrong about that today since I have not bought a cage in a long time, but it has been that way for a lot of years.
    There is a loop hole for people who move to Calif. and own a non compliant vehicle with less than 7500 miles and that is they must sign a waver and get a Calif. drivers license and Calif, address.
    Now days most all new cages and scoots meet C.A.R.B. regs and can be brought in state, a perfect example was the VTX1800, Honda made a 49 state model and a Calif. model, the basic difference between them was the 49 state VTX1800 did NOT have Cat mufflers, o2 sensors or a EVAP system(controls fuel vapors from a sealed fuel tank) while the 50 state models do. The F6B is C.A.R.B. compliant and why there is no 49st or Calif. model F6B. If you tried to bring in a new non complying (49st) VTX the DMV would look for a C.A.R.B. sticker before registering and assigning a plate.

The EPA has a set of federal smog specs that all vehicles must meet to be sold in the USA, but the state can have much more stringent smog regulations than the fed's thus they supersede the fed regulations and why Calif. is tougher when it comes to all the smog crap we have to put up with. There is a lot more to this than what I have discussed here, but suffice to say this is enough to get me pig biting mad as I type. I have done may post on this subject on my California VTX riders forum over the last 12 yrs.

Side note: You can not register or license a vehicle with DMV in your or anyone else's name in Calif. without having a currant & valid Calif. drivers license and insurance. The days when you could register a vehicle in your kids, dog or anyone's name are gone. This law was enacted to stop people from selling more than 6 vehicles a year, you need a dealers license to legally do that and to control the liability issues of non insured vehicles

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

AZ is the only state to inspect & test scoots for smog related items and I believe it might only be in certain counties, but I'm not positive about that, maybe some AZ scooter owner might chime in here.
    As of last year or the year before, we no longer have inspections of any kind on scoots! I think we were the last state. Probably payback for the whole MLKJ fiasco. Or maybe cuz we don't do daylight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    As of last year or the year before, we no longer have inspections of any kind on scoots! I think we were the last state. Probably payback for the whole MLKJ fiasco. Or maybe cuz we don't do daylight savings.
    Thanks for the update Bobby
    I will revise my knowledge base on this issue.

Sounds like being a vehicle enthusiast in California is quite a joy!

Someone also told me that CA will tax your currently owned vehicles at a hefty rate when you move there.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Sounds like being a vehicle enthusiast in California is quite a joy!

Someone also told me that CA will tax your currently owned vehicles at a hefty rate when you move there.
    Hell, not only when ya move here, but every yr afterwards, it's called "registration fees" and Calif. socks it to ya every year. The registration fees are determined by how much the vehicle cost new and this is on top of your sales tax (buy out of state and pay sales tax to Calif.)
    The newer the vehicle the more ya pay, it is not a flat rate like a lot of states have. Take Oregon, it don't matter if ya own a Vett or a VW ya all pay the same registration fee cost.
    Another bad deal in Calif. is when you sell any vehicle the plate(except custom plates) and currant registration fees paid goes with that vehicle and new owner, unlike AZ where when you sell you keep the currant plate and can put it on a new vehicle and you don't lose the reistration fees you might have just paid.

Torq Loopz

Quote Originally Posted by Tedubya View Post
    Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.
    Spoke with Jimmy at Torq Master, getting the Torq Loopz next week for my Rush exhaust. Will take before & after video with plenty of audio!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stable:
    2006 Honda ST1300 (Black)
    2007 Thunder Mountain "Keystone" Chopper (Black)
    2014 HD Street Glide (Black)
    2014 Honda F6B (Black)

(previous 3 Goldwings, 2 Valkyries, 1 Road King)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Can we get an update from someone that installed Torq Loops and aftermarket pipes? I only saw one video and it was really short. I was hoping to see/hear more.
    I found this youtube clip of the TORQ LOOPZ with stock GL1800 mufflers and like just like my setup TORQ LOOPZ and stock F6B mufflers I can't tell any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I found this youtube clip of the TORQ LOOPZ with stock GL1800 mufflers and like just like my setup TORQ LOOPZ and stock F6B mufflers I can't tell any difference.
    Sounds like a sewing machine to me.... you know the really big industrial ones
    A biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a moving car window.

A fast sewing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackedout2014 View Post
    Spoke with Jimmy at Torq Master, getting the Torq Loopz next week for my Rush exhaust. Will take before & after video with plenty of audio!
    Can't wait!