Alligator V2B Inflate Thru Valve Cap

Thread: Alligator V2B Inflate Thru Valve Cap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alligator V2B Inflate Thru Valve Cap

Anybody use these? http://www.myerstiresupply.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=263&

I'm tempted to give it a shot...

I don't see any downsides. It sits on your valve stem like a regular valve cap, until you need to check pressure or add air.

The literature says it adds a safety factor by providing a seal if the Schrader valve fails.

not quite sure i see the point? valve stems don't fail often, so why not leave the caps off? does the same thing. The pilot in me says redundancy is key, but for the cost, i'll keep the caps. good find, there is obviously a market, or they wouldn't be in business. for me, it's another thing to throw cash at.

I can't see my self leaving valve stem caps off on a bike, especially if I go to a straight stem like I'm considering. I'd agree that Schrader valves are pretty much bullet proof, but there are some cheap knockoffs out there, and Schraders *could* fail even if the odds are remote.

This thing allows me to have a cap AND be able to check tires easier... and if it's easier, I'd likely do it more often.

They're only a bit more than $1 a piece but unfortunately I only see them being sold in bags of 50. I'll have some extra if you wanna try them.

I see some imitation brands out there... but I'd only get the Alligator brand of these.

We use these on all our tires/wheels at work. Valve stem leaks can be an issue when you have 18 of them. They are basically a cap that you don't have to remove to check the tire pressure. Very convenient when you have to check a lot of tires. Not a big deal on a bike but won't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I can't see my self leaving valve stem caps off on a bike, especially if I go to a straight stem like I'm considering. I'd agree that Schrader valves are pretty much bullet proof, but there are some cheap knockoffs out there, and Schraders *could* fail even if the odds are remote.

This thing allows me to have a cap AND be able to check tires easier... and if it's easier, I'd likely do it more often.

They're only a bit more than $1 a piece but unfortunately I only see them being sold in bags of 50. I'll have some extra if you wanna try them.

I see some imitation brands out there... but I'd only get the Alligator brand of these.
    Take my word for it....found out the hard way about those cheap knockoffs....they are out there.

I'd say 75% of the time it takes to check the bikes pressure is taking the cap on and off; sure it's only 10 seconds, but it's 10 more seconds that I can be riding

I never saw a firsthand issue with fake valves... but now I have; nothing serious I hope, Reserve. All the more reason for using some sort of sealed valve cap.

Mine stay pretty close to 40.
    However, I check them every two weeks or before I go on a trip.
    In two weeks, I've never had them drop below 38.
    I don't usually note the ambient temp when I service them though.
    Will have to start paying more attention perhaps - a new column in the psi log entry in the bike's logbook.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce