F6B vs Victory Drag Race - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B vs Victory Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post
    I would start in 2nd gear if I was drag racing someone. Anyone else agree?

For sure, I wouldn't scoff at the idea of a second gear start. It may indeed be the way to go and only a side-by-side test would settle it. I know for a fact this was the best technique for dirt racing because I did it for years. Of course, in dirt you have wheel spin that makes that work best and, on the street, not so much. Regardless, if one starts in first, short-shifiting to second is the way to go.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have an F6 and a Road Glide. Like the sound of both. But videos of the planes are funny. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    MMMM NO.The red and yellow F6B's would be parked baking in the sun waiting for another coat of liquid glass to dry

I call BS!!! The yellow has no paint issues! Plus it's faster than both black and red standing still!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I think it could produce a higher speed trap time for sure. The 60ft time might suffer and you need that for good times, but not for a good trap speed. I have practiced the 2nd gear take offs and you really leave off the line with a good pull all the way to near 70mph. Im willing to bet that this racer hit the rev-limiter in a couple gears to reduce his speed and time like that. I was personaly able to run my Yamaha Stratoliner out to 106mph at 12.4 others were lucky to hit 100mph and 13.5 so you see how that works. Heck you could put riders on 10 second bikes that can only run 12 seconds, happens all day long. Peewee was able to run out the Vmax to a 9.6 stock off the shelf and able to run a Honda V65 out to 10.8 stock off the shelf. The F6B has 11.8 potential, can we all make that....no, its just potential. But its a fine potential.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    funny funny
    you gave the Harley too much though, remember its all about nostalgia and sound
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    A lot of folks find the sound of Goldwings annoying.
    What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    The Youtube F6B rider is 1.1 seconds slower than the pro magazine rider @ 11.86/111mph, as expected. BUT ! ..... the F6B can run a lot quicker than that with some of us riding it. Put Peewee Gleason on it ! Put a well experienced drag bike rider on it ! STOCK for STOCK, the F6B eats them all for lunch.

Us average F6B riders are probably around the 250lbs area. Just tell the competition to go find the Yellowwolf Goldwing on the Dragon and see how far they get. LOL
    What he said

As would I. It seems like I run off the edge of the rev limiter when launching hard in first gear. This NEVER happened to me on my Valkyrie. Not sure why that is??