F6B vs Victory Drag Race - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B vs Victory Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    What sound?

The Harley guys dislike my LACK of sound. They can't tell I'm twisting the throttle until I whooooosh away and leave them far behind. Annoys the hell out of them.
    The sound of silence. Actually a lot of folks describe it as a sewing machine sound. I actually prefer it over the Harley rumble which over the years helped damage my hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    The sound of silence. Actually a lot of folks describe it as a sewing machine sound. I actually prefer it over the Harley rumble which over the years helped damage my hearing.
    I agree...I prefer a slightly quieter exhaust. I don't need to wear earplugs, unlike my fellow v-twin buddies. My bike has been called stealth, and even sounded like a vacuum cleaner. I do have to make a point to play my music pretty loud in parking lots, because one lady actually backed into me one week after purchasing the bike because she didn't hear nor see me....Stealth!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    Just tell the competition to go find the Yellowwolf Goldwing on the Dragon and see how far they get. LOL
    Oh, of course. I'm on the phone now.

Has anyone else run the 1/4 on their B? I had mine out this past weekend and over three passes ran a consistent 12.4. Not bad but I had always been told this was an 11 second bike. Anyone run quicker?

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    Has anyone else run the 1/4 on their B? I had mine out this past weekend and over three passes ran a consistent 12.4. Not bad but I had always been told this was an 11 second bike. Anyone run quicker?
    Most F6B 1/4 mile times are fairly consistent around the 12 second mark...One would have to be a really expert rider to get the thing into the under 12 second runs...Fast enough for me as is...I have a K&N filter, and Cobra pipes which might, but I doubt it, drop my time by about .2 tenths of a second....This bike will smoke just about any stock bagger out there and I ran a 2016 HD with the S&S 110 kit last Spring and still was about 2 bike lengths ahead of him at 90mph when I shut down....Ride safe

Missing the forest for the trees

Ummmm...why would you even bother trying to make an air-cooled V-twin in a performance motor? What is the point? The design of the V-twin is not oriented towards high performance. Aren't their roots in industrial applications?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Well people race sailboats and even turtles, so you race what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Ummmm...why would you even bother trying to make an air-cooled V-twin in a performance motor? What is the point? The design of the V-twin is not oriented towards high performance. Aren't their roots in industrial applications?
    Disagree with your comment about V-twin motors not oriented toward high performance..Some of the fastest drag bikes that hold the best times/speeds in the quarter mile and top speeds, are Harley motors built to run!!..Vance & Hines, with Terry Vance aboard, holds some of the quickest 1/4 mile times on record.....Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Disagree with your comment about V-twin motors not oriented toward high performance..Some of the fastest drag bikes that hold the best times/speeds in the quarter mile and top speeds, are Harley motors built to run!!..Vance & Hines, with Terry Vance aboard, holds some of the quickest 1/4 mile times on record.....Just saying...
    If you put a nitro drag bike V twin motor next to any HD motor it will dwarf it. The only thing the race motor has in common is "looks Like" a HD and 45 degree cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    If you put a nitro drag bike V twin motor next to any HD motor it will dwarf it. The only thing the race motor has in common is "looks Like" a HD and 45 degree cylinders.
    Have absolutely no interest period in HD motors!!! Just pointing out to an earlier post that V-Twins can be made to "haul ass"...