Fork Brace? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

I just ordered a SuperBrace. I have the occasional slight wobble. It's not anything really concerns me saftey-wise, just more of an annoyance. The brace may help, it may do nothing. Only one way to find out.

I'm very sensitive to the feel of the bike as it rolls along the road. I can feel the give of a tire carcass as well as chassis flex and vibrations not to mention tire slip. Due to this bikes geometry a fork brace drastically improved the handling for me. I could feel the stability (line holding) and increased responsiveness, immediately after install. It was like adding power steering to the bike. It also improved the straight up riding especially noticeable when hit with cross winds or semi-truck air turbulence and on rough roads (potholes, moguls, grooves, tar snakes) like in NY.
    So in my opinion, the F6B will handle fine without one but, it handles so much better with one.

PS: a fork brace will only enhance your ride, not the rider.
    Never cruel nor cowardly, never give up, never give in.

Interesting feedback. I'm coming up on 10,000 miles and still plan to try this mod.

The transition from my street to my driveway involves a 45 degree "curb". Going up this angled transition, whether it's straight on, or up at an angle, always involves a real kick and twist through the handlebars. Two up, it's even worse. For this reason alone I'm getting a fork brace.

What did I order, you ask? After reading many posts on many forums, I decided on the Kury.

Just an update since I've had my Kury Fork Brace on for about 2K miles and also recently added the Helibars. With just the fork brace I did notice a change in front end stiffness/stability mostly in slow speed maneuvers. With the addition of the Heli Bars, my front end now feels extremely stable and handling in both slow speed maneuvers and in faster turns is significantly better than in stock form.

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Where id you find this good price at if you don't mind me asking?
    I don't recall which vendor I went with, but I just did a quick Google search and see that Cycleplicity has the black Kury Fork Brace on sale for $139 plus shipping (they are also offering 20% off on shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    So I'm now wondering (hoping) that a fork brace will help control my high speed wobbles. If I don't win one I'm going to buy one and see.
    After I purchased my F6, I noticed the slight high speed wobble on the freeways. After I installed the Superbrace, my ride greatly improved. I no longer had the wobble. With that...I'm sure it also decreases the likelihood of tire cupping... so it may extend tire wear... that of course I haven't tested as I'm still on my original tires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    After I purchased my F6, I noticed the slight high speed wobble on the freeways. After I installed the Superbrace, my ride greatly improved. I no longer had the wobble. With that...I'm sure it also decreases the likelihood of tire cupping... so it may extend tire wear... that of course I haven't tested as I'm still on my original tires.
    Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NemisusDM View Post
    I'm very sensitive to the feel of the bike as it rolls along the road. I can feel the give of a tire carcass as well as chassis flex and vibrations not to mention tire slip. Due to this bikes geometry a fork brace drastically improved the handling for me. I could feel the stability (line holding) and increased responsiveness, immediately after install. It was like adding power steering to the bike. It also improved the straight up riding especially noticeable when hit with cross winds or semi-truck air turbulence and on rough roads (potholes, moguls, grooves, tar snakes) like in NY.
    So in my opinion, the F6B will handle fine without one but, it handles so much better with one.

PS: a fork brace will only enhance your ride, not the rider.

BTW... I went with the Superbrace. It has a split case design instead of the 3 piece style the kury and traxxion use, making it the most solid with less failure points.
    Never cruel nor cowardly, never give up, never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    After reading many posts on many forums, I decided on the Kury.
    Me too...Ive ordered the Kury today after many doubts, so that in 3 weeks I will have my opinion and feed back to share with you.
    Im sure that was the right choice

Thanks for your valuable opinions and advices
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]