Fork Brace? - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Well I just read all the posts andddddddd. Well, this week I fly off to pick my bike up and a 1000 kay 600 mile trip home and from what I have been reading the F6B has a speed wobble ?????
    Got me stumped that a Leader in motorcycle manufacturing who has been making a model or number of models of the same bike for over 40 years builds a bike that has a known ???? speed wobble in it ???
    Some how think some riders don't know what happens in wind or when passing another vehicle,?????
    Ridden bikes at 200MPH with no fork brace and not a problem.
    Well Ill find out all about on my trip home ????

I would not be too concerned about the "speed wobble" . I've never noticed it and not all owners have it.
    2013 F6B in black of course

What speed wobble??????
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I would not be too concerned about the "speed wobble" . I've never noticed it and not all owners have it.
    Me neither.
    The reason I installed a fork brace is that the transition from street to my driveway involves a large, steeply sloped curb. Rolling over that curb, either up or down, causes my forks to shudder, flex, and make that slow bump unstable. I hope the brace will cure that, but won't know for a couple of months yet.

These threads on fork braces are getting old and seem to fall in the same category as oil types, tires, and windshields. Some like the brace others think it is not necessary and most of the riders of an F6B don't need one in reality...If you think you need one, your choice, if not, ride happy and you will probably never miss not having one...Some braces are built different than others and are supposed to help in various ways..Do what makes you happy and lets enjoy the ride!!!

Talking No wobble

No wobble or need for the brace here. I also believe members can post whatever opinion they want and others that have more knowledge on particular subjects can express theirs without being judgmental or critical of other members.

Are we not all here for the love of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    I also believe members can post whatever opinion they want and others that have more knowledge on particular subjects can express theirs without being judgmental or critical of other members.

Are we not all here for the love of it?
    I hope so.
    Political views, gun laws, constitutions, religion, the price of oil, ebola, sports, and all the rest of it takes a back seat to my riding and enjoying my F6B.

I have not seen any wobble, but being an ex Harley guy it is an accessory and I must purchase it. It is what I do.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    What speed wobble??????
    Ken you have to ride less than 100mph to feel the wobble...lol

Brace is not needed but did improve high speed and low speed handling on mine.I have had the Superbrace on for many miles and believe "For Me" it is a big improvement.Before the brace I had no wobble or have heard it was a problem.As far as some not liking talk about brace's,oil ect remember some here are just getting there F6B and like feedback for there concerns.I think winter is getting under the skin to some of those Northern boys!