Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

Thread: Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    All 5 of my bikes is $1300 ... That hurts because most of the bikes sit for 5 months thru the winter , I usually ride the enduros in the winter ,
    Cancel the bikes during the winter when you're not using them. Renew in the Spring.

Watch how fast your Ins. Co. comes up with a better deal for you.

Alternatively, since you can't ride all 5 bikes at once, cancel the ones you're not using, or carry only 'comp' on them like collector bikes.
    Activate liability when you plan to ride them.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Cancel the bikes during the winter when you're not using them. Renew in the Spring.

Watch how fast your Ins. Co. comes up with a better deal for you.

Alternatively, since you can't ride all 5 bikes at once, cancel the ones you're not using, or carry only 'comp' on them like collector bikes.
    Activate liability when you plan to ride them.
    In Michigan, it's a one year policy, I got three quotes and canceling a policy in the winter months won't get you a refund.
    They either want 100% up front, or they will break it down into two payments, the second one due within 30 days.
    I'm gonna do a bit more due diligence before next spring.
    I was with Progressive for over 30 years, my policy on an older BMW was only $225.00 for full coverage, when I got the F6B, they quoted me $1,200.00, so I went to State Farm for $480.00.
    And I have a clean driving record!!

We also have a year renewal , I was thinking of just doing the liabilty till next may and just have them add the full coverage .
    My homeowners covers the bikes at my house in the off season . I would be prorated on the 5 months might not be a bad idea .

I was surprised when Progressive wanted $800/year for just the F6B. I was paying under $300 for the bikes listed in my signature. After a few calls back and forth with my agent, she told me that my 21 yr old son was the reason that my insureance went up. Long story short, my son is now only insured for the 1998 Suzuki GS500e and my wife and I are both insured on all of the bikes. $445/per year for all four bikes!

Broken down like this:

2008 Suzuki B-King 1340cc --- $55/yr
    2013 Honda F6B 1832cc ------ $352/yr
    2001 Yamaha xv250 Virago --- $15/yr
    1998 Suzuki GS500e ---------- $23/yr

I think that Progressive has been very kind to me over the years. Maybe it is just that my agent works hard to try and get me the best rate. Dunno, I am happy with Progressive in Pennsylvania.
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

check with Markel....they do all toys....cheapest I have found. easy to deal with too. different options for 3 year full replacement and stuff.....good people

Contacted Foremost and they said no problem droped the the policy down my renewal is in October .... Saved my self 6 months of insurance on the bikes I will not be using during the winter .
    I will keep the enduro fully covered just because its a 2014 ... its a dirt bike outside of being stolen or being hit by un insured moterist ... thats my winter machine if its not to cold out .
    I'm down to 300 on all my machines ... I will bring up all the limits in the spring and save my self some dough on the bikes I'm not riding .

Quote Originally Posted by laffin gas View Post
    check with Markel....they do all toys....cheapest I have found. easy to deal with too. different options for 3 year full replacement and stuff.....good people

Are they available in all states?