Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

I spent a little more than 15 minutes and saved over 50% when I switched to Geico True story though. I had Full coverage on my Valkyrie through Progressive, when I went to add the F6B, Progressive tried to clown me. Geico was a third the cost. I know it varies a lot from location to location though.

Be careful how you compare things. "Full Coverage" is not a policy term, it can mean many things to different people. Med Pay, Uninsured Motorist, towing, replacement value vs actual cash value. There are many variables and all add to the cost. In most instances buying vehicle insurance is like ordering off the ala carte menu. You want salad? Cost extra. You want a vegetable? Cost extra.

The best way to buy insurance is to determine what you need and quote just those coverages with competing companies.

I live on the central coast of Calif. and use Progressive West insurance for my MCs, I've used them on all my MCs for over 25 years(never had MC insurance before that).
    I have never needed to file a claim...yet, so I can't say how their service is, but they are sure fast at taking my
    Full 100% coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, $100K med, full replacement value on my 2013 F6B & 2004 Rune with a $5K accessory allowance on both(pays up to $5K for custom parts).
    I only have the Calif. state required PLPD on my 2002 VTX1800, 2003 VTX1800 and last but not lest 2009 KLR650...
    Total, $785 a year and I am happy with that.
    Oh and no tickets since 2002(they ain'tme lately).

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    Be careful how you compare things. "Full Coverage" is not a policy term, it can mean many things to different people. Med Pay, Uninsured Motorist, towing, replacement value vs actual cash value. There are many variables and all add to the cost. In most instances buying vehicle insurance is like ordering off the ala carte menu. You want salad? Cost extra. You want a vegetable? Cost extra.

The best way to buy insurance is to determine what you need and quote just those coverages with competing companies.
    I had my policy and coverage in hand when I talked to Geico. I actually got more coverage for the savings I got.

$350 a year through Allstate. But I have my truck and wife's truck and homeowners through them. So you get discounts on the policies.

I don't recall what I'm paying through Progressive, but I do know it costs me $70 more per year to insure the F6B than it did my Harley Heritage. Bigger motor ups the insurance. I do need to get a quote from Allstate since I have my auto and homeowners with them now.

I have Geico and it was the cheapest for me by far. Full coverage with $500 deductable, towing and $5000 accessory coverage for $221 a year on my new 2013 F6B, and I have my cars and renters insurance thru State Farm.

$950/year from Geico on a 13 F6B, 08 Can Am Spyder, 99 Valkyrie, and a 78 CB550
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Check dairyland insurance. Not available in every state covered riding in them though.
    They have some unbelievable coverages like if you had superbowl tickets and broke down they put you up hotel, food and reimburse you for the tickets. Ect........ not that much more money but you get what you pay for.
    also make sure YOU are covered statefarm does not cover you I had to pay for emergency room out of pocket. Insurance is a joke but what else can you do no-body asks for an accident!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It looks like I need to do some shopping
    $411 with deductible with state farm for the F6b
    $245 for my daughters 08 shadow
    $199 for my 97 Valk standard
    $1,000 deductible with all
    100K/300K medical