Torq Loop Update?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loop Update?

Torq Loop Update?

Can we get an update from someone that installed Torq Loops and aftermarket pipes? I only saw one video and it was really short. I was hoping to see/hear more.

Hear? I don't currently have the means to post a video, but the drone is gone with the Torq Loops.

See? What do you want to see? Jimmy came to my place July 4th and installed them. We photographed everything.
    The Headers must be removed and cut. The Torq Loop has a bung to retain the O2 sensors.
    The tuck up tight and cannot be seen once a belly pan is installed. They are chrome, and Jimmy has no current plans to ceramic-coat them black because it adds too much to their price.
    Don't tighten anything down until you get everything in place and aligned to your satisfaction or it will be a struggle.
    The rubber centerstand foot is transferred from your old exhaust to the new one.

Attachment 7890Attachment 7893Attachment 7894

This website is limiting my attachments, more posts are needed.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Hear? I don't currently have the means to post a video, but the drone is gone with the Torq Loops.

See? What do you want to see? Jimmy came to my place July 4th and installed them. We photographed everything.
    The Headers must be removed and cut. The Torq Loop has a bung to retain the O2 sensors.
    They tuck up tight and cannot be seen once a belly pan is installed. They are chrome, and Jimmy has no current plans to ceramic-coat them black because it adds too much to their price.
    Don't tighten anything down until you get everything in place and aligned to your satisfaction or it will be a struggle.
    The rubber centerstand foot is transferred from your old exhaust to the new one.

Why does it have a loop... why not just a straight pipe?

+1 on the no more DRONE..
    I don't have aftermarket exhaust but have 4, 7/8 dia. holes at the back of the stock muffler. The sound is fine with me but the drone was horrible.
    When I talked with Jimmy about the loops he wouldn't give me a yes or no on of they would clear up the drone. They did a huge improvement.

Thanks Jimmy for a great product..

For the chrome part. That's not how I received mine. They came bare metal then I painted them with VHT paint. That may have been an option I missed in the ordering process.

I was looking for some sound if possible. And how you like them after you've had them for a while. Too loud? Just right?

It's really easy to take a video with a phone and load it up to the internets. Or maybe not.

I read your post when you installed them MSGT. It looks great! Are you still happy with them? Was it worth it?

Jimmy couldn't say yes or no for the drone because he has a typical hearing loss that comes with too many years of racing bikes and dirt bikes.
    I spent many years on a Marine Corps flight line, but I always wore my hearing protection; my hearing is still pretty damn good. I'd be the first one to speak up about a drone, and my first pipes had it (no torq loops). I put in the extra silencers to stop it.

The Torq Loops add length to the exhaust system, and re-tune it like a brass instrument (like a trombone), changing the harmonics. It's further tunable by two inserts. The long one can be moved forward/back inside the muffler can to create an expansion chamber, or moved forward to eliminate it. Forward is the loudest. The second silencer can be installed behind it, or exchanged for the longer one to make it even louder. My pipes currently have the long one shoved all the way forward, and it sounds reminescent of a Chevy El Camino. Just the right amount of rumble to know it's not your normal Goldwing.

I can't do a sound byte on You Tube right now until my new house is built. Right now I'm living in my RV, and I have 2GB of data on my phone per month. I'd burn it all up with a video upload. I think Jimmy has a sound byte on his Torq Masters website (?)

I was rev'd up about the Vance & Hines exhaust until I saw a video dissection of one. The design of these is VERY complicated and restrictive, requiring the exhaust flow to double back on itself more than once in addition to flowing through a maze of chambers and little pipes inside the system.

I like these TorqLoops because they "look" like straight-through pipes... are they indeed just pipes? Other than the silencers, there's no restriction or weirdness inside right?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I was rev'd up about the Vance & Hines exhaust until I saw a video dissection of one. The design of these is VERY complicated and restrictive, requiring the exhaust flow to double back on itself more than once in addition to flowing through a maze of chambers and little pipes inside the system.

I like these TorqLoops because they "look" like straight-through pipes... are they indeed just pipes? Other than the silencers, there's no restriction or weirdness inside right?
    You are correct, there are no restrictions in the TorqLoops, they have nothing inside, just precision cut & welded tubing with all mounting tabs and flared slip on ends. the set I have are not chrome so I painted them with hi-temp flat black Bar-BQ rattle can paint

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/