Jacket: Tourmaster Draft Air 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacket: Tourmaster Draft Air 2

Jacket: Tourmaster Draft Air 2

I just ordered one of these... an inexpensive summer riding jacket without a ton of vendor branding plastered all over it!

Worthless w/o link.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Oops sorry; thanks BigLry, that's the one. Revzilla is saying these are cut a size bigger than what the size on the tag says. That 4XL might be close to fitting ya if it's actually cut as a 5XL.

Unfortunately I think these are discontinued though. I just got an email about my order saying they only had one left in my size and color choice... and that it was damaged so they won't ship it. Rats! The search continues.

I've searched high and low and can't find anything else that I like that meets what I feel are just a few simple requirements. Any suggestions?

i) waterproof, or at least a removable waterproof liner (water resistant is not the same as waterproof)

ii) light colored for reduced heat absorption

iii) high amount of meshing or venting to allow airflow for summer riding

iv) not a ton of goofy vendor branding

v) relatively understated; can be worn normally and doesn't scream "motorcycle jacket"

vi) no "dragon scale" armor padding; that is, I want the padding to blend into the jacket and not be so obvious

The Revit Chronos GTX and Klim Induction are relatively good candidates but expensive

I got this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...t/1458021.html right before Sturgis and I'm loving it! The waterproof liner unzips leaving you with a mesh outer shell and besides it has a third, quilted vest layer.

A nice side benefit for us is that it works so well with our motorcycles color wise. NOTE: For some reason, Leatherup lists the different colors as different items. So while this shows as only grey/black, there is a red/black which is what I have. Don't know if there's a yellow/black.

It's also decently adjustable for those of us whose bodies more closely resemble an "A" than a "V." /cough cough

That's a beautiful cut jacket; the design is understated in ways but still very "motorcycle-ish" with the dragon scale on the back and shoulder pads.

I'd like something where I can get off the bike and walk into a restaurant and nobody would ever know I'm riding that bike in the parking lot. Undercover, if you will.

I checked the list of retailers on the Tourmaster website and went from retailer to retailer looking for a Draft Air 2 jacket. I finally found a place called The Helmet Shop that had one; I placed that order QUICK!

EDIT: Just this minute I received an email from The Helmet Shop saying they're out of stock too Why are these vendors letting me place orders for things they don't have.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Fit is varied between brands,,, T-master fits me, so I'm a dedicated T-master rider, especially when I need something that comes in 4XL. Currently very happy with my T-master Flex: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/t...-flex-3-jacket.

Love the design as the wind/rain layer is outside, mesh/armor in the middle, thermal jacket liner inside.

It's water resistant, so the closest thing to that system that claim's water proof is the Joe Rocket Alter Ego: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/j...-ego-30-jacket

Light colored:

I have (2) of the all-silver mesh-tex jackets:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/f...h-tex-jacketFl

3X and 2X. About as light colored as you are going to get,,,, (That's specifically why I bought it) But,,, Both sizes tend to rub me in the throat,,, The snap cuffs are pretty 'chunky/large' and overall, it just seems to fit me like a cheap suit,,,

Back to fit on the Wife:

Wife fell in love with the Olympia Airglide 4. I believe it was an Airglide 3 she tried on at the store, and decided that 'Airglide was the one for her' Ordered the 4, was admiring herself int ehmirror, and I pointed out to her the shoulder armor was placed out way too wide, elbow armor way too far down the sleeves, and snug on her butt. (She's pear shaped)

Broken-hearted, she sent it back,,, Got a womens Joe Rocket Alter Ego and she's pleased as punch!!! Enough adjustment to fit her shape and the armor is all where it needs to be.

I can't honestly say how 'aware' she was of the armor placement when she was trying on the Airglide,,,, probably more worried about the 'pretty colors/patterns', but if it doesn't protect ya,,, it really doesn't matter what it looks like,,,,

Good luck in your quest!!!

The Tourmaster Flex 3 and Firstgear Mesh Tex are pretty much what I'm looking for but I've had water "resistant" stuff in the past and in my experience it does great in short or light rains, but in long or heavy rains some of this stuff gets water soaked almost as bad as a cotton jacket.

I love the Olympia line... but their light colored jackets are just ugly IMO (no offense ). If I thought a black jacket would work for me I'd already have the Airglide.

The Joe Rocket Alter Ego is very interesting... but the majority of my riding would be in the mesh under-jacket and I'm just not comfortable in a jacket that has no collar.

Thanks Scot! I really appreciate the suggestions; I'm a picky bastard I guess

I'm really looking to get away from unprotected riding so I'll keep looking.

I found the Sedici brand at Cycle Gear good stuff. I have the Arturo jacket and flows pretty good air and I can attest to the waterproof liner. Military and retiree get 10% off and the stuff is guaranteed for life.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...Jacket/p/45793

Thanks 52.

I went down to Cyclegear and test fit that Sedici. It's a handsome jacket with the features I want... but the fit is restrictive IMO and the styling is still too "motorcycle-ish".