Fork Brace? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    I rode a 2008 GL 1800cc as a Police bike. And yes, it had the wobble, it was dangerous and troubling. I have not noticed it at all on the 2013 F6B, has anyone else? I would buy a fork brace if I thought I needed it but I do not see the need for it. I did buy a new Mustang seat, the drop in the center of gravity and the difference in handling is enormous. I was easily managing 60-70 mph twisties in the Texas Hill Country where the indicated speeds were 30mph and lower. I'm a longtime rider, but love to get good advice from informed folks. Someone tell me the reasons you have put the fork brace on your F6B.
    I have wobble at 40.. Only w/no hands on the bars,,,

Kury brace. About 12.5k on front rubber,,, sneaking up on replacement,,,

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I would normally agree and go with the best deal since they all seem similar, but after reading the quote from Traxxion I have to wonder if all fork braces are actually created equal. I certainly don't want to put on a fork brace and then have high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. I did send Traxxion a message requesting clarification so will see what they say.

There is not a vendor out there that will say their widget is second best......I said it a plain as could be,... there are all the same and different. Traxxion makes an excellent product, if you can afford it...still won't say it is better than another.....thats what makes the world turn!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Have you ridden a F6B or Goldwing with the brace installed?
    How do you qualify the above broad statement?
    Not trying to qualify anything....If you feel the need for a brace on your ride then by all means install it and enjoy.I personally do not see, or feel, the need to spend $200 dollars on something I do not want or need...Yes, I may change my mind one day, but there is not enough evidence from those who have one to convince me it is worth it for my style of riding...Regards....

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I doubt that these "fork braces" really help or do much for the F6B in normal riding with one up..Nothing wrong with spending the money if one feels the need for such...Aftermarket accessories for bikes is a $Billions of dollars business and if these braces float your boat, so to speak, then add one and feel better about your bikes handling and ride....I still maintain that these are okay for some, but just another product to get your money!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Not trying to qualify anything....If you feel the need for a brace on your ride then by all means install it and enjoy.I personally do not see, or feel, the need to spend $200 dollars on something I do not want or need...Yes, I may change my mind one day, but there is not enough evidence from those who have one to convince me it is worth it for my style of riding...Regards....
    Opas,

You clearly posted your opinion earlier based on NO FACTS, just because you "doubt" that it helps ... is simply a irresponsible reply, it helps no one. Slamming a product without actual knowledge or experience is just as valuable as a odorless FART. Then you contradict yourself by saying ...."I still maintain that these are okay for some"

It's NOT the issue of the $200 like it is for you, it's the stability and rigidity for most.

Your quote .... "Yes, I may change my mind one day"

You made up your mind based on zero experience, keep an open mind UNTIL you ride a F6B with one installed then post your HONEST opinion. Don't knock it until you try it.

I personally have an issue when people making NEGATIVE posts based on their "so called expertise / gut feeling" on a product .... have ZERO Expertise with the actual product ------> I guess I'm just a stickler for actual reviews and not guess-timates.

Respectfully Phantom

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    That's why just the addition of a few words/qualifier like 'unclear, but I feel' or "I don't own one, but think' can really keep the discussion in order.

Even if it's 2nd hand info from a 100% trusted source, best to throw it out there as such.

Pretty easy to assume folks who are commenting on something have it. If not, a few words to that effect are helpful to the folks who are ready to click 'buy' but still on the fence.

I can't say the braces have truly 'transformed' our bikes, but I can understand how they work, so we have them.

Not to single out anyone in particular, but I'm with Phantom on this one. It really irks me when someone takes issue with something and they have no first-hand experience to base it on. This happens frequently with the darkside subject. Almost always, the folks that reject that have no experience themselves. As far as I'm concerned, this should disqualify them from commenting at all. It's no different than someone saying, "If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us wings". Of course, similar comments I've read on this board are more along the lines of, " If Honda made it this way, who are we to change it". If possible, can we all try to make real world judgements, on what works or doesn't work, based on facts and not assumptions. That would be nice .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Assuming that you guys are done " flaming me" I am sorry if I upset you....No I don't have any first hand experience with fork braces and do not intend to at this point...But until I am convinced that this brace is necessary to have on the F6B to improve handling or whatever, I will not install it...I did not find fault , in any way, with any style/type of anyone's product and did not suggest not to use one...I just do not feel the need and if those that have one are happy, so am I.....I again apologize to those that took exception to my post, and I appreciate your input.....Ride safe.....

I decided to order the new version of the Kuryakyn fork brace in the black finish. Found it for around $150 delivered which is the best price I could find for any fork brace. I decided to heed Traxxion's warning and not buy a two piece brace while also not buying their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    There is not a vendor out there that will say their widget is second best......I said it a plain as could be,... there are all the same and different. Traxxion makes an excellent product, if you can afford it...still won't say it is better than another.....thats what makes the world turn!!!
    Well said Steve.Here's my two cents worth I installed the dreaded two piece Superbrace against Traxxion's advice.It has preformed great-no binding when installed per there instructions.I go 380lbs and found with my big old body on the Bike it made the front end much tighter at slow speeds and more solid in the high speed sweepers.Was well worth the investment to me.

I did some searching on the Goldwing forums and had no idea how controversial a simply fork brace could be. Apparently it has been a point of contention for many years with 1800 Goldwing owners. Some swear by fork braces and others claim they are snake oil. Some claim noticeable differences in handling while others claim they notice no difference whatsoever. Some say installing a fork brace will void your Honda warranty for anything fork related, like fork seals leaking, etc. I had no idea what a can worms I was opening. Carry on!