!st Ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !st Ride

Red face !st Ride

Went for my first ride today on a 13 F6B. It is a magnificent machine !! It handles well, has a comfortable seat and it soaks up bumps like a sponge

Congrats,
    If you are like me, you will grow love it more and more.
    Have fun with all the cool add ons.

Congrats and welcome aboard!

I had my first ride 2 weeks ago and loved it so much that I did not even want to ride the two other bikes I had planned to test ride. Then I was on call the entire next week and could not get FJR and Shadow to dealership to see about trade for the F6B. Saturday I under my wife's request test rode the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - was listed at $13.2k and she is always looking for a deal. My initial impression was good for the Yamaha, but then rode F6B again and there was no comparison in my mind. I said lets do this deal on F6B. I am picking my new F6B up Saturday with my installed additional accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I had my first ride 2 weeks ago and loved it so much that I did not even want to ride the two other bikes I had planned to test ride. Then I was on call the entire next week and could not get FJR and Shadow to dealership to see about trade for the F6B. Saturday I under my wife's request test rode the Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - was listed at $13.2k and she is always looking for a deal. My initial impression was good for the Yamaha, but then rode F6B again and there was no comparison in my mind. I said lets do this deal on F6B. I am picking my new F6B up Saturday with my installed additional accessories.
    Congrats. I'm originally from Indy. My parents and my son actually live there. You said you were on call, what do you do?

s the board....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Deputy Fire Marshal, We have to be on call 24/7 on that inspectors week to respond to situations from Dispatch/HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Deputy Fire Marshal, We have to be on call 24/7 on that inspectors week to respond to situations from Dispatch/HQ
    I'm a service technician for commercial/industrial HVAC-R. I just spent the last week on call. For me, it's every third week on call. I'm reimbursed an hour of pay for each day I'm on call for the inconvenience . That inconvenience means I can't be very far from my service truck though.

Limo/car service driver -- same thing -- well, sort of. The on call, by your vehicle part I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by wjp View Post
    Went for my first ride today on a 13 F6B. It is a magnificent machine !! It handles well, has a comfortable seat and it soaks up bumps like a sponge
    enlightened one from a new friend in NC .
    Ken (Hornblower)