Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started

Well we all no that on may 27th I dropped the 6, damaging my right side valve cover when the open euro peg hit the pavement. Got towed back, got the bike in the shop on Wednesday the 31st, were busy and could not look at it till the following Tuesday the 6th of June. Picked up my estimate and dropped them off to my American Family agent on Wednesday the 7th, along w/the other pertinent paperwork to be sent to my adjuster. Waited a day or so and called the lady adjuster on Friday the 8th, surprise, not in, left message. Called adjuster lady early after noon on Monday the 12th, and of course I was on her list of people to call, ya right, told me she was going to have to have an agent look at it, would call one after getting off the phone w/me, should just take a couple of days and then he could write a check and then they could get working on it. I checked w/dealer, wed, thur, and Friday and no one was out and no call from the adjuster lady, she has yet called me concerning this incident.
    I called my local American Family agent, the people who are 3 miles from me and who I have dealt w/over the past 18 years and told them how unhappy I was. We will see what happens. But before the day is done I will call the adjuster lady and give her a piece of my mind.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Don't feel like your the odd man out ChopTop. I played the same game after my crash last year. Keep after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Don't feel like your the odd man out ChopTop. I played the same game after my crash last year. Keep after them.
    Thanks, and I will !

DISSIMALER METALS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    The day I got my B, the owner of the dealership told me he also rode a B and he gave me the story about a lady tipping his over while fueling it at a gas station. She clipped the back of the bike and it fell over and his Rivco pegs were down. Ever since then, I make it a point to retract them every time I take my feet off.

After all of that however, when I was changing the rear tire, I broke the driver peg mount laying it over on it's side----and I did that one on purpose.

Moral of the story, anytime a 800+ lb bike goes on it's side, very little good comes from it. Then I think back to my early crashes on my XL 125 and CB 350 back in the 70's. I got up after going down at 50+ MPH---bent the bars back straight---kick started it and rode it back home. Motorcycles sure have changed.
    Not to mention you can snap the head off a bolt holding a peg on during removal.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Got a call from the adjuster lady this a.m. Seems she supposedly assigned an person to look at the bike but some how it got sent to the Catastrophe Division, we had some storms here 2 weeks ago, don't ask me how, but that is were it has been sitting.

Form Over Function

I bought the Aero pegs because they looked great. But I've never felt comfortable using them. Having the valve cover and head hold the weight of your feet and legs doesn't seem like a good idea. So I rarely use them, and when I do it's on a long ride and only for a few minutes to change riding position. After that I close them immediately.

Now that I've read these horror stories I'll probably use them even less!

Another agent called this a.m. and told me they were not going to go out and look at it, just cut a check less my deductible and the facility ordered the parts last week so I should have a bike for the party! woo hoo

About Time!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Another agent called this a.m. and told me they were not going to go out and look at it, just cut a check less my deductible and the facility ordered the parts last week so I should have a bike for the party! woo hoo
    That makes sense. It costs them time and mileage to send an adjuster out. If your claim was only costing them $800, there may not have been much financial upside to verify the damage. My agent told me for claims under a certain dollar amount they never send an adjuster, unless you have a suspicious claims history.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    That makes sense. It costs them time and mileage to send an adjuster out. If your claim was only costing them $800, there may not have been much financial upside to verify the damage. My agent told me for claims under a certain dollar amount they never send an adjuster, unless you have a suspicious claims history.
    Claim cost them a little over $2,000., only reason they did not send an adjuster was because they screwed up and made me mad by taking so long.

In That Case

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Claim cost them a little over $2,000., only reason they did not send an adjuster was because they screwed up and made me mad by taking so long.
    I missed that post. I read the earlier one where you said the valve cover would cost $1,300. $2K is definitely adjuster territory, but doesn't sound too bad since it includes the exhaust and saddlebag lid.

I'm curious about the saddlebag lid. Does it come painted to match your F6B? Or does the dealer have to get that done?