Fork Brace?
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Fork Brace?

I've been looking at buying a fork brace based on all the positive recommendations on this forum. Superbrace, Traxxion and Kuryakyn all look like contenders. In trying to decide on which fork brace to buy I came across this information on the Traxxion sight and it leaves me puzzled as to what they are referring too (see bold text below)? Can anyone provide clarification? Are they saying that these problems can occur without a fork brace installed or with a fork brace installed? Are they referring to a competitors fork brace or their own? I plan on emailing Traxxion as well.

The Traxxion Dynamics GL1800 Fork Brace is designed and manufactured to increase the rigidity of the steeering of the GL1800 without creating any additional stiction in the forks. Our fork brace is designed with special slotted centering holes so it impossible to put the forks into a bind when installed properly. With a common two-piece design, it is impossible to allow for machining and assembly tolerances which can lead to very high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. You will have less flex at parking lot speeds and additional stability on the highway.

IMHO.... the are all the same/different..... I have the Kury and am happy with it....I also have Progressive Suspension that lowered the front by 1+ ".....I would buy the one you could get a deal on...of course mine is CHROME!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    IMHO.... the are all the same/different..... I have the Kury and am happy with it....I also have Progressive Suspension that lowered the front by 1+ ".....I would buy the one you could get a deal on...of course mine is CHROME!!!!
    I would normally agree and go with the best deal since they all seem similar, but after reading the quote from Traxxion I have to wonder if all fork braces are actually created equal. I certainly don't want to put on a fork brace and then have high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. I did send Traxxion a message requesting clarification so will see what they say.

Our fork brace is designed with special slotted centering holes so it impossible to put the forks into a bind when installed properly. With a common two-piece design, it is impossible to allow for machining and assembly tolerances which can lead to very high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. You will have less flex at parking lot speeds and additional stability on the highway.

It sounds like they are distinguishing their brace from "a common two-piece design," by emphasizing that with their "special slotted centering holes" you eliminate the risk of "binding" the fork tubes if installed properly. They then go on to describe the "horrors (marketing)" of binding the tubes by using one of those inferior "common two-piece designs." Just my interpretation.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    None of 'em are idiot proof. If you want to be 100% positive you'll 'avoid the horrors,,,' don't put one on.

(Wife and I both run Kury's)

I doubt that these "fork braces" really help or do much for the F6B in normal riding with one up..Nothing wrong with spending the money if one feels the need for such...Aftermarket accessories for bikes is a $Billions of dollars business and if these braces float your boat, so to speak, then add one and feel better about your bikes handling and ride....I still maintain that these are okay for some, but just another product to get your money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
    Our fork brace is designed with special slotted centering holes so it impossible to put the forks into a bind when installed properly. With a common two-piece design, it is impossible to allow for machining and assembly tolerances which can lead to very high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. You will have less flex at parking lot speeds and additional stability on the highway.

It sounds like they are distinguishing their brace from "a common two-piece design," by emphasizing that with their "special slotted centering holes" you eliminate the risk of "binding" the fork tubes if installed properly. They then go on to describe the "horrors (marketing)" of binding the tubes by using one of those inferior "common two-piece designs." Just my interpretation.
    That's my interpretation as well. However there is a big difference between simply saying one product is better versus saying the competitors product is so inferior that it might cause very high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks. If you're going to slam the competitor you should also offer proof that these issues have actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I doubt that these "fork braces" really help or do much for the F6B in normal riding with one up..Nothing wrong with spending the money if one feels the need for such...Aftermarket accessories for bikes is a $Billions of dollars business and if these braces float your boat, so to speak, then add one and feel better about your bikes handling and ride....I still maintain that these are okay for some, but just another product to get your money!!!
    I ride 1-up, and the improvement to front end firmness and feel after installing my Superbrace was distinct and welcome. Worth the investment. Given that all our bikes are built to the same spec, hard to imagine all these users being wrong about the value of a fork brace. In fact, on my first freeway ride I was a bit alarmed at how much flex I could feel in the handlebars at speed. The fork brace eliminated that as an issue.

This is a legitimate, performance enhancing product. Unlike, let's say, chrome and LED accent lights.

Fork Brace!

I rode a 2008 GL 1800cc as a Police bike. And yes, it had the wobble, it was dangerous and troubling. I have not noticed it at all on the 2013 F6B, has anyone else? I would buy a fork brace if I thought I needed it but I do not see the need for it. I did buy a new Mustang seat, the drop in the center of gravity and the difference in handling is enormous. I was easily managing 60-70 mph twisties in the Texas Hill Country where the indicated speeds were 30mph and lower. I'm a longtime rider, but love to get good advice from informed folks. Someone tell me the reasons you have put the fork brace on your F6B.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Have you ridden a F6B or Goldwing with the brace installed?
    How do you qualify the above broad statement?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.