Just placed an order - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just placed an order

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I have the new aluminum Go Cruise. It's very difficult to set a precise speed. Very. When you finally get it tweaked to the speed you want, it starts slipping immediately. I've adjusted the tension using the new tension wheel to the point of tightness that it's very hard to move, and it still won't hold the speed for more than 20 or 30 seconds.

This thing is really nothing more than a gimmick; not worth half the price IMO.
    Remove the Go Cruise! Dampen a paper towel with some Rubbing Alcohol and throughly clean the rubber band and contact jaws of the GC. The slightest bit of oil from your hands will cause the GC to slip as you have described. Don't ask me how I know
    Like BigLarry, I installed Nitril O-rings to each side of the GC jaws which effectively removed all lateral movement. When working properly you'll have a better appreciation of this simple device

Here's my original Thread with pics!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...mprovement-Tip

Yes I'm using it with the stock grips. I'll try cleaning the contact points... re-check the seating location and tension... and see if I can get it to work better. Thanks.

Here is the cheapest place I could find for the two yellow O-rings I put on the sides of my Go Cruise to stop any lateral movement. They cost me $2.58 for two and $2.32 for USPS first class shipping to Calif, total $4.90.
    http://www.tornadoparts.com/8m4991-y...throttle-lock/

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Here is the cheapest place I could find for the two yellow O-rings I put on the sides of my Go Cruise to stop any lateral movement. They cost me $2.58 for two and $2.32 for USPS first class shipping to Calif, total $4.90.
    http://www.tornadoparts.com/8m4991-y...throttle-lock/
    Thanks! I'll give this a shot... hopefully my opinion will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I've got the Brake -Away on my Valkyrie and it works great. It looks good on the Valkyrie. However, on my F6B, not sure I want the bare aluminum color up there and the Throttlemeister looks nice and am thinking that is the way to go. I could be wrong, but I like the looks of the matching machined end weights.
    Like so many, this thread makes me realize we're all looking for something different which of course leads to different solutions. Looks wise, I'm confident the Throttlemeister will be great -- perfect for me in fact if I go with the blackened versions. But I don't remember being able to set "precise" speeds with it. Wasn't something I was concerned about. Neither was I looking for long distance hold -- more just looking to shake out my hand and it lasted WAY longer than that. The other thing it does is smooth out the vibration of a bike that doesn't have bar end weights. But since our F6B does and vibration isn't a big issue to begin with, I don't know that this will be of great benefit on our bikes.

I don't think I'll object to the look of the Brakeaway if I can get it to work, but I think the Throttlemeister would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Like so many, this thread makes me realize we're all looking for something different which of course leads to different solutions. Looks wise, I'm confident the Throttlemeister will be great -- perfect for me in fact if I go with the blackened versions. But I don't remember being able to set "precise" speeds with it. Wasn't something I was concerned about. Neither was I looking for long distance hold -- more just looking to shake out my hand and it lasted WAY longer than that. The other thing it does is smooth out the vibration of a bike that doesn't have bar end weights. But since our F6B does and vibration isn't a big issue to begin with, I don't know that this will be of great benefit on our bikes.

I don't think I'll object to the look of the Brakeaway if I can get it to work, but I think the Throttlemeister would look better.
    I don't know about exact speed, my understanding, that like the Brake-Away, you can fine tune the throttle position. I , in fact, seldom use the Brake-Away throttle lock with the throttle boss on the Valkyrie. I've got the Throttle assist on the F6B that straps on the stock grips. It seems to be working similarly to the Throttle Boss on the Kury Grips. I only really seem to use it when I need my right hand for something.