To Debadge the front - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Debadge the front

Got rid of my front and rear. Those things don't look bad IMO but they collect dirt and are hard to detail around.

WARNING

Using the wd40 and a piece of dental floss, I removed the Honda chrome logos quickly.

The problem came with removing the remaining tape...

goo gone, loosened it, I used a old super soft black cotton sock..

(BIG MISTAKE) a little elbow grease

40 minutes working on getting it off... and off came the sticky stuff.

I rinsed the area off and let it dry... IT WAS SCRATCHED ALL TO HELL!

my heart dropped all the way down to my ASS.

OH NO, I nearly had a stroke.....

well lets try to fix it,,, I got out a can of Meguiar's Cleaner wax and figured

"it cant get much worse" I took the applicator pad and applied a light coat (worked it in, spiral pattern) & walked away.

a hour later, I came back, this time with a clean micro fiber towel and buffed off the surface.

it actually looked better, still scratched, but better... apply another coat, work it in, leave again...

REPEAT about 6 more times.... 12 hours into this ordeal, the logos are off and the scratches are GONE!

I must be the Luckiest SOB on this forum... My fairing and tail are shiny and badge free...

and no paint color came off on my white micro fiber towel. I full expected to burn right thru my finish & figgured

my next investment would be the paint shop... but I came out unscathed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

This discussion reminds me of the time, when I was in college, and my girlfriend borrowed my freshly painted car. She drove through an area where fresh tar had been laid and got little spots of tar all over the new paint. So she thoughtfully decided to clean it for me.

She used steel wool pads to get the tar off. I am NOT kidding. There were little dull spots all over the car! She couldn't believe I was unhappy with her efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    This discussion reminds me of the time, when I was in college, and my girlfriend borrowed my freshly painted car. She drove through an area where fresh tar had been laid and got little spots of tar all over the new paint. So she thoughtfully decided to clean it for me.

She used steel wool pads to get the tar off. I am NOT kidding. There were little dull spots all over the car! She couldn't believe I was unhappy with her efforts.
    At least she tried and did not try to hide it... +++
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RcBtx1999 View Post
    I used my hairdryer on all the badging. It all came off very clean. Just a little stickem on the rear, but still cleaned up nice using honda polish and letting it sit a while. The Fairing badges popped right out clean with just the hairdryer and a small flat blade screwdriver.

I don't have a hair dryer......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I hadn't really thought about debadging the F6B, but the cleaning aspect really has me considering it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Soak a soft cloth in Mineral Spirits. Blot glue and/or leave cloth on glue. (Try to keep the glue ~moist~ w/ MS)

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Let the MS slowly soften the glue.

Wait. (Yes, I said it's slow)

Use a MS-soaked Microfiber to VERY GENTLY ROLL the glue off. Comes off in little 'balls',,

Let the solvent (slowly) do the work, NOT YOUR ARM!

I had good luck with Orange Glo furniture polish as well as PB Blaster penetrating oil, I used both at different times to remove the glue from debadging.

Wd40 and fingers
    Attachment 8574