Tool kit Canada only?!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tool kit Canada only?!

Angry Tool kit Canada only?!

This is probably old news to all of you who have had your F6B longer than the two days I've owned mine, but it really ticked me off.
    I was having a really hard time using the helmet holder, trying to get the D-ring around that pin. I was reading the owner's manual, and it says to use the helmet holder wire in the fairing pocket. Oh! That should make it easier. But there is no helmet holder wire in my fairing pocket. So I called the dealer, and told him I was missing the wire.
    He said it's probably in the tool kit. Well, I haven't even checked out the tool kit. I was surprised to learn that I don't get one. There is a place prepared for it in my left saddlebag, and the rubber strap to hold it in place is there, but there is no tool kit. The manual says the tool kit is "Canada Only."
    Why in the world do Canadians get a tool kit and US residents don't? Why sell a bike without a tool kit?

I got the helmet strap with mine but no tool kit
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I think I might have an old Yamaha or Honda VTX 1800 tool kit laying around,, That is, if I haven't thrown the cheap-azz POS's away yet,,, Make me an offer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    I got the helmet strap with mine but no tool kit
    Same here.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    So I called the dealer, and told him I was missing the wire.
    He said it's probably in the tool kit.
    Yup,,, right next to the 6 speed transmission,,,

Salesman: Usually someone you contact to make major purchases. Commonly known to lie and/or simply not know what they heck they are talking about,,,

Wife got 'the wire' with her 6. Don't remember getting a wire with mine. Owners manuals were both under the rubber 'strap' in saddlebag.

Never really have used any OEM tool kit on any bike as I have my own tools plus carry a small assortment with me in the bike. OEM kits usually lay around till they get chunked,,,

The helmet wire came with my 6 - it was in the left saddlebag along with the manual.
    You're supposed to have received that.

No tool kit.
    I agree it seems stupid that Canadians get the tool kit, but those in the USA do not.
    I can't imagine what the rationale behind that could possibly be.

If your mad about not getting a Junk tool kit.....Your really gonna be mad when you find out Canadians get ABS standard...

I got the helmet wire, no tool kit.

Tool Kit for Canadians

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    If your mad about not getting a Junk tool kit.....Your really gonna be mad when you find out Canadians get ABS standard...
    Hey,

I understand your points......however, Honda Canada charges us about $1750.00 for the extended warranty while you "Southern People (that's the U.S. from where I live)" can get it for $500-$600. If you want me to send you my tool kit and you send me the $1000.00 difference (after adjusting for currency) for the extended warranty, I am in okay....I am being an ass but it doesn't just work one way (as in advantage Canadians all the time ).

Gripper

Couldn't you just call a US Honda Dealer and buy the Extended Warranty?
    Just wondering
    Im not mad about not getting a crappy tool kit with my bike and no ABS never really upset me as well.
    Now, no Cruise Control.....thats another story.