Short man syndrome highway peg advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short man syndrome highway peg advice

Short man syndrome highway peg advice

Ok, here's the deal, I'm 5'-8" with a 30" inseam. I'm looking for black highway pegs. I've seen the Rivco aero flip-out pegs and I like the looks.
    How far back do they adjust? Anyone have pics with these adjusted back?
    Any other suggestions? ( I know I'm opening the door for some of your comments!)

Pap I just installed the ERGO III's this weekend. We seem to be about the same build. I'm about 5'8 with 30/31 inseam. I have the pegs mounted with the extendable leg in the most retracted position right now. I could still adjust them 1 1/2 inches closer to me the way they are mounted now. Rode about 50 miles yesterday. They are fairly comfortable but I may move them a little closer.

Like below has pics I took while installing.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...ll=1#post41589

I'm in pa also. Saw where you made a trip to State college to buy yours also.

Thanks Zekepa,

I read on their site that these fold up automatically. Where do they flip up?
    I would hate to drag these if I get a little too far over in turns.
    I assume they are strong enough to put some weight on if you want to re-position your butt a little?

Yepper, I got a much better deal in State College than in my own home town.

We aren't too far apart, need to get together and ride-to-eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Thanks Zekepa,

I read on their site that these fold up automatically. Where do they flip up?

We aren't too far apart, need to get together and ride-to-eat!
    The pic shows them in the up position. When you put your feet on the pegs they rotate down some.

I have the mini boards installed tilted down one notch. I haven't drug the mini boards yet, but have had the toe of my shoe slid on the pavement in a turn.

Yesterday it was a right turn and the highway pegs didn't drag. With the highway pegs up like in the pic I pretty sure you are going to be dragging foot pegs before the highway pegs. May be a different story if you have your feet on them leaning into a curve.

Indiana is probably about half way between us, if you want to meet up to see them in person.

This is the second bike I've bought from state college. The other was a 2007 VTX1800 I bought in 2009. Traded it in on the F6B, for $2500 less than what I paid 5 yrs ago.

I also have a 30" inseam and am interested in hearing from F6B owners that have the Rivco Aero pegs. Love the seamless look and fit of the Rivco pegs, but am concerned that they will be too far away even in the closest position. I have searched the site and it seems the reviews are mixed for shorter inseam riders with the Rivco pegs. Would like to get more input please.

shooter
    If you have a 30 inch inseam you will be fine. I have a 31 inch and mine are forward.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I also have a 30" inseam and am interested in hearing from F6B owners that have the Rivco Aero pegs. Love the seamless look and fit of the Rivco pegs, but am concerned that they will be too far away even in the closest position. I have searched the site and it seems the reviews are mixed for shorter inseam riders with the Rivco pegs. Would like to get more input please.
    I too am interested in the Rivco pegs and would love to hear more input. I also have a 30' inseam.

Dang, there are more of us short legged riders than I realized! Lol
    Heck, if we get enough interest, maybe we should go for a group buy!

Attachment 7546Here is a pic of the Revco pegs installed in the rearmost setting. I am 5' 8" with 29" inseam and I love the pegs. Before purchasing you might contact Revco an see if they powder coated them instead of anodizing them. http://www.rivcoproducts.com/

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Attachment 7546Here is a pic of the Revco pegs installed in the rearmost setting. I am 5' 8" with 29" inseam and I love the pegs. Before purchasing you might contact Revco an see if they powder coated them instead of anodizing them. http://www.rivcoproducts.com/
    Thanks!
    Is that as far back as they go?
    Looks like that might work for me.
    I take it you don't like the anodizing?