So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?

Does this cover aftermarket pipes?..There are some nice ones available if your interested..A better windshield is a must for most...Maybe a nice new helmet, or jacket...If the bike is a deluxe you are pretty well covered with the stock Honda stuff...Saddlebag liner are available and some chrome goodies, Kury grips, kickstand, etc....Nice to hear from you again.....

Most likely you have to buy "Honda" brand parts and accessories which points to one of Honda's short comings; very limited selection. Tall windshield, center stand, luggage rack, heated grips, fog lights and passenger backrest are about all I can think of that they offer. Most of those items are also available (and better/cheaper) in the aftermarket. Honda offers no highway pegs, belly pans, cup holders or seats, and I don't know if they even have helmets and jackets that are branded Honda (my dealer doesn't but some might). The Honda and Goldwing apparel I have seen is actually private labeled by aftermarket distributors.

I would use some of it to buy several oil changes worth of oil and filters.

Hey there Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    Dave,
    Haven't seen you in a while. Have you still been going to the Valkyrie events?
    Did you sell your Valk or are you going to keep it?
    Look forward to seeing you again maybe at one of the F6B events. I purchased an F6B a while ago, but it was taken apart at the dealer and re-painted. Now all of the parts are in WV at MountainMan's for Air Brushing and Graphics.

When you figure out what you want give Teresa a call.
    Rick
    Good to hear from you and thanks for replying to the post. Yes, Have still been attending VRCC events and this will be the 12th year I have owned the Interstate. It has been a wonderful ride and I have made lifelong friends because of it. I guess I just wanted a change, and fuel injection, self cancelling turn signals and something a little lighter handling. I just could not get interested in the new Wings, the Valkyrie has so much soul and attitude and the Wings just seemed so vanilla and boring. I know they are fine machines but I wanted something a little more edgy and more attitude and I think the F6B will fit the bill nicely. My Interstate was dripping with chrome and I am over it. No chrome, black everything is going to be this theme. My dealer gave me an astounding deal with my Valkyrie on trade and I just couldn't pass it up. And yes, I will be contacting Theresea soon about some black parts and some additional lighting. Thanks again for saying Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Does this cover aftermarket pipes?..There are some nice ones available if your interested..A better windshield is a must for most...Maybe a nice new helmet, or jacket...If the bike is a deluxe you are pretty well covered with the stock Honda stuff...Saddlebag liner are available and some chrome goodies, Kury grips, kickstand, etc....Nice to hear from you again.....
    Good to hear from you too! Feel like I am walking into a strange room and seeing some old friends.
    Thanks for the suggestions and I can see some kind of custom pipes in my future. My Valkyrie had the Viking's and man I loved that sound! I am a little concerned about losing the tour box but I think I am going to install the factory luggage rack so I can put some kind of soft luggage on it for the two or three times a season I need some more room for my wifes stuff.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions!

I would put the money toward all yellow Tupperware they came out with in 2014. I am of the opinion that yellow is more conspicuous than red.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    I would put the money toward all yellow Tupperware they came out with in 2014. I am of the opinion that yellow is more conspicuous than red.
    23 year fire department veteran here. If it was gonna be anything but black it would have been red, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Good to hear from you and thanks for replying to the post. Yes, Have still been attending VRCC events and this will be the 12th year I have owned the Interstate. It has been a wonderful ride and I have made lifelong friends because of it. I guess I just wanted a change, and fuel injection, self cancelling turn signals and something a little lighter handling. I just could not get interested in the new Wings, the Valkyrie has so much soul and attitude and the Wings just seemed so vanilla and boring. I know they are fine machines but I wanted something a little more edgy and more attitude and I think the F6B will fit the bill nicely. My Interstate was dripping with chrome and I am over it. No chrome, black everything is going to be this theme. My dealer gave me an astounding deal with my Valkyrie on trade and I just couldn't pass it up. And yes, I will be contacting Teresa soon about some black parts and some additional lighting. Thanks again for saying Hi.
    I can't part with our Valkyrie. Our youngest son and his wife are going to keep it for a couple of years. Use it for when they want to ride double. We will figure out what to do with it when they don't need it anymore and can afford something else.
    Just like you have made so many good friends over all these years with the Valkyrie. Still riding with a lot of them up here.
    You may want some of the Smoke Chrome on the new one. I can't imagine you can go cold turkey on chrome.

How I spent my $1,000 bucks

Honda had a promo going when I bought my F6B and here's what I got. I went a little over budget, but just couldn't narrow down my choices. I got heated grips, fog lights, the tall windscreen, the helmet headset, and a bike cover. I just bought the bike a few days ago and put the tall windscreen on it yesterday. I haven't ridden it yet with the new windscreen and I'm really hoping it makes a difference. Also, I got a like-new used centerstand off Ebay for a song and plan on installing it real soon. -- HHB

a must have