Cruise Control

Thread: Cruise Control

Cruise Control

Attachment 8158Attachment 8157Attachment 8156

Added Kuryakyn Universal Throttle Boss to Kaoko Throttle Lock.
    Nice compliment to the throttle lock for me.
    It's small and does the job in the mountain twisties when you don't want to use the throttle lock, but need some relief from holding the throttle open.
    It's easy to install and easy off !!
    A trip to Colorado told me I needed something else.
    A trip to Ruidoso, NM with the throttle boss on said you got r done !!
    Use it with the throttle lock and it helps with minor speed adjustments.

I keep thinking hard about that Kaoko. Wonder if I'll get around to doing more than thinking about it.

I've been thinking a lot about some type of cruise device. I'm not really trying to spend a ton of money on an electronic cruise as my winter list of stuff is already gonna be enough$$. Do these throttle lock devices really do the trick. I only used cruise long enough on my harley to stretch out my arm and shoulder for no longer than a few miles. Never had anything like this. Any suggestions

BrianD
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Do these throttle lock devices really do the trick.
    Yes, they do what they're designed to do, which is give your right arm/wrist a break. If you drive in any kind of hilly environment, they're useless, as you can't maintain a desired speed without constantly correcting the throttle. But for flat cruising, they're the ticket.

I have tried most of them, and I just installed a Brakeaway on my F6B. Pricey, but precision made and much safer than any other throttle lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about some type of cruise device. I'm not really trying to spend a ton of money on an electronic cruise as my winter list of stuff is already gonna be enough$$. Do these throttle lock devices really do the trick. I only used cruise long enough on my harley to stretch out my arm and shoulder for no longer than a few miles. Never had anything like this. Any suggestions
    A friction throttle lock is really subjective, my previous bike had an integrated friction throttle lock and I rode it for over 29 years, it became 2nd nature.
    The first thing I did when I purchased my F6B was look for a similar friction throttle lock.
    Back When I was looking there seemed to only be two available, the ThrottleMeister and the Kaoko.
    I went with the Kaoko based upon recommendations here, and for me it works just as I wanted.
    There are some members here who prefer an electronic throttle control.
    I think you have to go with what works best for you.

Too bad Honda won't integrate a friction screw right into the handgrip assembly, the one on the older BMW's worked perfectly. It was simply a screw with a spring that provided friction on the handgrip. Sometimes the simple things work best.

bmw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    A friction throttle lock is really subjective, my previous bike had an integrated friction throttle lock and I rode it for over 29 years, it became 2nd nature.
    The first thing I did when I purchased my F6B was look for a similar friction throttle lock.
    Back When I was looking there seemed to only be two available, the ThrottleMeister and the Kaoko.
    I went with the Kaoko based upon recommendations here, and for me it works just as I wanted.
    There are some members here who prefer an electronic throttle control.
    I think you have to go with what works best for you.

Too bad Honda won't integrate a friction screw right into the handgrip assembly, the one on the older BMW's worked perfectly. It was simply a screw with a spring that provided friction on the handgrip. Sometimes the simple things work best.

Attachment 8165
    Yes, that would be sweet if Honda would provide a screw like BMW did. I had a K75S with that spring loaded screw and thought it was the best motorcycle invention ever. I've tried other throttle holders since then. They work ok but don't seem to be as user friendly as the Beemer thingy.