Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Thats the one I got. Nice fit,looks good and easy install. Got mine on E-bay $54.00 and free shipping got it in 3 days.

The main thing that keeps me from adding this is that it adds more steps to changing the oil. I already added a Fumoto Qwik Valve to make that as easy as possible and, in addition, I've found that I don't have to remove the lower cowl. To put something else on there that makes me get out tools to change the oil is just something I'd rather not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The main thing that keeps me from adding this is that it adds more steps to changing the oil. I already added a Fumoto Qwik Valve to make that as easy as possible and, in addition, I've found that I don't have to remove the lower cowl. To put something else on there that makes me get out tools to change the oil is just something I'd rather not do.
    Two screws and the front of the belly pan is off.None of us have to remove the lower cowl to do a oil and filter change.To me this should be on the bike stock from Honda.Too many story's of holes in oil filters and radiator overflow tanks to take a chance.But hey what ever floats your boat-Safe riding

BELLY PAN

This is realy a great investment. Last week a cager in front of me kicked a piece of rubber at me and of course it hit the underside of the cowling and cracked it enough that I had to replace it. The belly pan protects all of the under of the bike. It is well worth the cost. Just imagine a chunk of rubber.

Cool

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ74...FY2Z4AodMQkAzw

I use one of these, and I do have to loosen the lower cowl to get it off...but the piece of mind is well worth it......it can take a major hit and still no dent!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ74...FY2Z4AodMQkAzw

I use one of these, and I do have to loosen the lower cowl to get it off...but the piece of mind is well worth it......it can take a major hit and still no dent!!!

Oh, Steve...say it ain't so !!!!!

Bellypan? Get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I was looking at accessories (no Really??) and I saw an ad for a belly pan for the F6B. It looked nice, but I'm trying to determine if it is really useful other than to satisfy my accessories addiction. The ad mentioned the water reservoir located down low and the possibility of kicking up rocks or debris and damaging the reservoir and losing coolant.

Has anyone actually heard of this happening?

It also mentioned better air flow for the engine.

So what do you think? Is this just bullS#**, or is there some valid reason to install a belly pan?
    Yup, Just happened to me! $ 50. for coolant reservoir & 3 hrs. install @ $ 87.50 per!!! Ouch! Bought it, gonna install myself & buy belly pan w/savings!!! Get one now!

Cool

Just ordered one of these.... the others are .024, this one is .045 . twice as thick ,not including the raised "diamonds"
    and of course ..... it is chrome !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hey Steve, Where did you get that pan and what's the cost.

this might be a good reason to install a belly pan. This is a coolant bottle that came off one of my good friends Goldwing. He ran over this bolt in the road and it kicked up and speared his coolant bottle. I have a picture of a punctured oil filter somewhere but I can't find it. I bought a belly pan for my wing but I have never installed it. For some reason, I prefer not to run them, not sure why, but I just don't like them. To each his own.