Mountains and F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountains and F6B

Mountains and F6B

Wanted to ask others how does the bike handle the hard curves, as far as scraping bottom or anything.

Scrapes more readily than other bikes I have had. It's probably the only thing that I don't like about it.

I could lean over my Rocket 3, Victory, Vision, DR650, etc at much more extreme angles while negotiating a sharp curve... without dragging parts. Not so much with my F6B.

I did this to keep the wear down on my pegs Read this thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...t=Kinetic+pegs

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I thought I leaned pretty good and still haven't scraped a peg yet. I touched a boot once
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Wanted to ask others how does the bike handle the hard curves, as far as scraping bottom or anything.
    It does well I think, the bike loves the curves but the pegs do scrap a little early. They fold up so you can go over a little more after first contact. Do not put on the lowering offset boards, and do install the peg disk/pucks to protect the underside and avoid the loss of pegs. Too late for install if already ground down.

ERGO II scrape quickly for me and I don't think of myself as aggressive---see picture below. Fold them up and I had a hard time. BTW---the F6B will fool a lot of folks with it's ability to handle the tight turns and braking.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The bike handles awesome in the twisties. Definitely recommend a belly pan and I like the titanium pucks on my pegs. I recently upgraded my suspension. Installed Progressive Monotubes Cartridges in my forks and the Arnott air ride in the rear. When I am going to get my groove on ,so to speak, I simply add more pressure to the rear with the touch of a button. I definitely have gained more cornering clearance . Good riding techniques also get more speed in the corners before scraping. ]
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I for one could use some lessons from you Jimmitree. I live next to the mountains in Colorado and ride them often - never that aggressively - Kudos my man!

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Handles fantastic...much better than I expected for a tourer. I routinely scrape the foot pegs and I don't consider myself overly aggressive. I was going to install the Kuryakyn drop mounts to gain a little more comfort in my knee angle, but not so sure I want to anymore. I loosened up the suspension (just to experiment)...tightened it back up after one 30 min ride (I'd have to pop the side panel again to remember which setting). No wobble in a high speed corner...love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The bike handles awesome in the twisties. Definitely recommend a belly pan and I like the titanium pucks on my pegs. I recently upgraded my suspension. Installed Progressive Monotubes Cartridges in my forks and the Arnott air ride in the rear. When I am going to get my groove on ,so to speak, I simply add more pressure to the rear with the touch of a button. I definitely have gained more cornering clearance . Good riding techniques also get more speed in the corners before scraping. ]

I was hoping you'd chime in.

Another suggestions is to crank the suspension all the way up when you're headed to the mountains.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    Handles fantastic...much better than I expected for a tourer. I routinely scrape the foot pegs and I don't consider myself overly aggressive. I was going to install the Kuryakyn drop mounts to gain a little more comfort in my knee angle, but not so sure I want to anymore. I loosened up the suspension (just to experiment)...tightened it back up after one 30 min ride (I'd have to pop the side panel again to remember which setting). No wobble in a high speed corner...love it.
    Yes! This! If you take it all the way up, you'll gain some clearance. Just remember to take it back down when you leave the mountains!

Right side