Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
Hornblower: How did the 13" workout for you? If you posted I missed it. Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, I just got back from a 1000-mile trip and I couldn't be happier with the 13" CB with vent (BTW, my height is 5'10"). It seems the choice of a windscreen is highly personal since we are often looking for different things. So, what I like you may not and vice-versa. Frankly, I wasn't all that crazy about the stock bagger-look windscreen and it did little to protect me from the elements and wind noise. OTOH, I did want to keep the profile reasonably low to go along with the overall design of the bike. That's how I came up with the 13" choice. The protection and reduction is wind noise is just what I hoped for. Now, whether or not the vent is part of why it works so well I can't say since I didn't try the 13" non-vented shield. I do believe the vent works by relieving the vortex behind the windscreen and resulting in a more laminar air flow, at least, that's what it feels like. Even though the top of the screen is far below my helmet face shield, I'm getting almost no bugs hitting my face shield. I'm loving that. Anyway, for me, I am completely happy with this choice of windscreens.