I'm affraid to ride my bike now:( - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

Let's settle this once and for all. What color makes it to the 125 mph limit first? My 2013 red is scheduled in the shop on Mon to be painted yellow with clear coat, most of the red got thrown out on the wax rag. Photo at 11

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Stealth black paint is much heaver than fast red without clear coat.
    yes but the swirls in the paint deflect the laser..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Let's settle this once and for all. What color makes it to the 125 mph limit first? My 2013 red is scheduled in the shop on Mon to be painted yellow with clear coat, most of the red got thrown out on the wax rag. Photo at 11
    You will probably notice a slight slowness in your bike, now that it's going to be yellow and not the fast red one.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After years a driving over the road trucking I have learned radar detectors just don't work for me. There are way to many cops run instant on radar and don't travel with the radar allways on. But I can say the radar dector has allways let me know I just got a ticket. Have not run one for years because of this.False sence of protection.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    After years a driving over the road trucking I have learned radar detectors just don't work for me. There are way to many cops run instant on radar and don't travel with the radar allways on. But I can say the radar dector has allways let me know I just got a ticket. Have not run one for years because of this.False sence of protection.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yes, I'm taking that one to court. He had his cruse control set at 70 and pacing the traffic. I got on the freeway about 4 car links behind him and in the span of 5 or 6 miles crept up on him to where I was right next to him at one point. As soon as my bike inched passed his car he turned on his lights. So it wasn't a speeding ticket actually it was a "disrespect" ticket.
    Thats BS!!!!!
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

I do think red cars and bikes LOOK faster! Maybe this is rumor, but I was told many years ago that insurance was more for a red sports car than any other color. So it's settled red looks faster while black wins the race!!
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You will probably notice a slight slowness in your bike, now that it's going to be yellow and not the fast red one.
    Wasn't looking for a fast color, am hoping everybody says look at the clown on the cycle.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Got a break

I was very lucky recently. I live in Dallas and ride quite a bit (yes the traffic sucks) and when an opportunity came up to pass a slow moving car I did so with a little
    extra on the throttle. My heart sank when I spyed a motorcycle cop under the approaching bridge. When I looked down at the speedo i was doing 90 and I was only
    50 yards or so away from the cop. He had me! Radar gun pointed right on me. I didn't brake but just let off the throttle and as I passed him he just shook his finger
    at me. Looking in my mirror just waiting for him to come get me but he just stayed put. Whew!!!

TICKETS

I had the county sheriff whip around on me from the other side of the road and indicated that I was traveling 84 in a 65. Handed me a ticket told me it would be $271 I excepted and folded the ticket up never even look at it since I already knew the ticket would cost me $271 from the moth of babe. Went home depressed and at a much slower speed. But mind you I had no idea how fast I was going on a open road with no one around me. Got home was still depressed and decided to whip the ticket out and pay while it was still on my mind and the ticket turned out to be a warning. I think the thing that got me over was he looked back at me after he requested my license and said your 56. LOL Live to ride. Keep those wheels turning.