The pilot lifted off the beach with the same precision as landing. The patient is on his way to Harberview Medical Center.

It took me at least 10 minutes before I could stand with help. People I didn't know or get their name brought us water, gatorade, and snacks. I'm a insulin dependant diabetic. So with the adrenaline rush, it dropped my blood sugar.

While sitting, another rider came up to me and said, "I'm with Ed, I'm his friend of 30 years and we have been riding together on this trip." He broke down and starting crying. I put my arm around him and told him, not knowing what happened, "Do not blame yourself. We all know when we throw our legs over a bike, ultimately we our responsible for our self, no one else. " Ian, is this guys name. They are both from Vancouver, BC. He told me they just left the lookout point 2 miles up the mountain and was heading down. The 2 mile stretch is very twisty. Ian was riding a 2012 BMW F1200 adventure bike. He got ahead of Ed. He thinks Ed was trying to catch up and saw that when Ian took the corner on a much lighter weight bike he didn't have to hit his brake, Ed must of thought the curve wasn't that bad.

The couple in the car told me that when they reach the corner going up and saw Ed, Ed was already over the center line. In fact they felt something hit the driver's side rear tire. The lady in the passenger seat of the car turn to look back at the time Ed's Harley struck the Gold Wing head on. She said she saw Ed's body doing a Superman flight over the guardrail and disappear. After sometime I walked over Ed's Road King. It was on it's left side. I looked at the right floorboard. The floorboard is attached with a spring loaded pin that allows the boards to fold up when dragged. Underneath the board is a solid piece of metal welded to the frame. On the outer corner of floor board bracket I see fresh shiny grind marks. I'm very certain when Ed tried taking the corner he didn't heed the warning of the floor board scraping and leaned too far over contacting the non movable metal which then would cause the bike to stand straight up. It was a head on collision with the Gold Wing. (pictures taken by my friend Clark)

Attachment 8735 Attachment 8736

Attachment 8737Attachment 8738

.....more to come