A bad day in Green Bay
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A bad day in Green Bay

A bad day in Green Bay

Wife and I took a ride up to visit our daughter in Green Bay WI.
    We had a great ride up and a great weekend visit with her.
    While riding through town to get back to the highway for our trip home we had a full size van pull out of a frontage road in front of us.
    I really couldn't say how far we were from the van when he pulled out but I knew we weren't going to miss it. The next thing I know we're down. I ended up with my head and shoulders under the front of the van and wife was just behind me just in front of the front wheel of the van. I came out with only some sore spots. My wife has a busted up ankle with damaged ligaments she will be seeing the surgeon on Wed.

The driver of the van was given a ticket for failure to yield after a stop. He was pretty shook up.

The bike spun when we slid just enough so that the front end went under the van and the rear of the bike and the trailer spun to the front of the van.

This is the first motorcycle accident I have been in so any advise on how to deal with insurance or Honda for the repairs, please send me a PM.

Thanks, Neil

Here is a before pic and a few after pics.

Attachment 9111
    Attachment 9112Attachment 9113
    Attachment 9114Attachment 9115

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    First things first, You're very lucky to be typing this post.....as I'm sure you know it could have been much worse! I'm really glad you guys made it out of that and were able to walk away. Good luck with the healing and the repairs.......

Very sorry to hear of this Neil. No words of advise, but wishing you and your wife all the best with the recovery. The van owner had insurance I take it?
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Neil,

I'm glad to hear you faired so well, as you know bikes can be repaired or replaced.

Please Let your wife know that we will mention her in our prayers.
    Hopefully her recovery will be quick.

Ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Sorry to hear this Neil. Hoping for a quick recovery for you and your wife.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

WOW!!!!! Glad your ok and hope you wife will be as well..... I was just concerned as far as health issues and hope all works out well!!! I have never had a bad issue with an insurance company... the other party getting a ticket will seemly close the door for any fault on your side. Let the insurance companies do there thing.... I am sure there will be many on here say to lawyer up and go for blood.....not my way. Good Luck!!!

I see a 2015 in your future !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ouch! Glad to hear you made it out as relatively unscathed as you did. Hope your wife heals up quickly as well. I will echo Steve's recommendation to let insurance do it's thing, you will know pretty quick if they are being fair.

Glad to hear that you and the wife are OK and not more seriously injured, that is the most important thing.
    I would hope that they can get an adjuster to look at it quickly, get an estimate and then get it fixed for you.
    In a lot of cases the insurance company will not talk to you until you can get a copy of the police report which shows their client at fault.
    Good luck and again, glad you are OK and a speedy recovery to your wife.

Glad it was not worse. Just had an accident myself about a month ago. Very similar damage to my bike as yours. Mine was taken to my local dealer. Over $10k in damages. Progressive replaced everything that was even close to looking damaged. Just got the bike back today.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

No advice. Just glad you and your wife are OK! Hope to see you and your repaired ride at the next rally!