Is F6B a keeper?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Is F6B a keeper?

Hey respectful forum,

I am coming to a honda f6b community from years of riding american choppers and large cruisers.

Recently I test rode an F6B and was amazed how well bike handles and smoothness of a ride. I started looking at ebay and craiglist for f6b's for sale. One thing i noticed in common that quite a few f6b owners sell their bike within a year of ownership. For example I see bunch of 2013 F6B's under 2000 miles online for sale around 15K, mileage various from 200 to 2000. It makes me believe that ownership turnover of f6b is high, much more then I have seen on harley's, big dog etc...
    Taking into consideration that F6B is technically solid machine and has 3 year warranty, I rule out technical problems.
    What is forcing owners to sell bikes within a year of purchase? Is that a wrong image in a harley country? Lack of extreme?

Any ideas from the forum would be appreciated...

Thanks all!

shooter
    I don't see too many guys displeased on here. Like you said the bike rides good handles like a dream and is ultra reliable. 3 year warranty , long and lean , mean and clean. Whats not too like. No one is twisting your arm. Buy another Hardley. 2nd best always keeps trying. Went to bike night Wednesday night. 600 bikes. 550 Harleys. Lot of good people stopping by asking about the B. She's long and low with lots of added chrome. I was pleased with the amount of interest she got. A die Hard Harley owner is not going to buy a Honda. It's all about appearances with some guys. Others like me just want an awesome bike. I can just say ride one.

Die Hard Harley Owner

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't see too many guys displeased on here. Like you said the bike rides good handles like a dream and is ultra reliable. 3 year warranty , long and lean , mean and clean. Whats not too like. No one is twisting your arm. Buy another Hardley. 2nd best always keeps trying. Went to bike night Wednesday night. 600 bikes. 550 Harleys. Lot of good people stopping by asking about the B. She's long and low with lots of added chrome. I was pleased with the amount of interest she got. A die Hard Harley owner is not going to buy a Honda. It's all about appearances with some guys. Others like me just want an awesome bike. I can just say ride one.
    I am that guy, had a few metric bikes over the years but had Harley's, many, many of them, still love them. I am displeased with what the Motor Company has done, after us old guys helped bail them out from their AMF folly, what has happened is the price of EVERYTHING HD has sky rocketed, and the bikes really do need quite a bit of service to stay in good shape. I'll buy another if one comes along that needs my love, but I love this F6B. Just rode the Deals Gap on it last week, laid over like a cheap date after a bottle of even cheaper wine. I was so impressed at the way the bike made my skills better than what they were on my HD's.

Good question. As a die hard hd guy, I can tell you for me it's a keeper. As a matter of fact,weI have 2.

Honda screwed up in my opinion. It is not a good Mc at 19999.00 it is a great bike at 16750. I think what you may be seeing is guys that bit the bullet at full msrp, and had regrets that for 4k more, they could get a full wing, with all the bells and whistles. If you can pick up a 2013 for 16k or so, then it is a great bike, and so what if you have to drop 2k in cruise and lights.

After owning a bunch of Harleys the F6B is a keeper for me. Fast, reliable, handles great and is comfortable. More low mileage Harleys out there than F6Bs or Goldwings. Like any bike, there are folks that buy them only to realize the bike doesn't fit them or they can't afford to keep it or they just don't really have what it takes to keep riding for a variety of reasons.

shooter
    I think you may have something there Spanky. I wouldn't give 20 for one. At 16995 and 1.5% financing I liked it. It's a keeper.

I don't know why the bikes don't sell better except for the price maybe. My last bike was a VTX 1800 f which is a big twin, and although I enjoyed the bike, it is nothing like the F6B. I bought a 2013 F6B this spring, (before all the sales ), and I love it. The big twin was great for riding around town, but this bike I just want to keep going and going. The 2015 has more features I believe. I love the temp gauge, fuel gauge, locking saddle bags, and locking glove compartment - things I never had before. (I know other bikes have these as well.)

I'm not an expert rider, but the F6B handles so well. With the twin, I sat back further, with my feet forward and the cornering was less precise. With the F6B I sit more like a sport bike and I feel like I have more control. My ankles and knees aren't so good, but I'm not so tucked in that I get discomfort.

I bought this bike so I could tour, but also feel comfortable going to the store or taking it to work. I'm getting older and not married anymore, so I'll be taking solo vacations and the F6B will be how I get there.

I've never owned a Harley. It always seemed to me that you had to spend so much for the HD name and culture and didn't get much bike. I also don't like air-cooled engines, particularly in the South. So I can't compare my F6B experience with Harley, but compared to the metric cruisers I've owned the F6B is a huge improvement. Much smoother, much more comfortable, better handling, better all around. I've put 6,000 miles on mine and have no intention of trading for any other bike. I honestly can't think of a bike I'd rather have.

Some people are "it's new and I gotta have it" buyers and don't keep anything for long. I have to say that this is definitely more popular in the HD world. Look at CL or cycle trader and you can find newer, low mileage HD's all day long. I got my 05 Sportster a few months ago with 7k miles and the original tires on it.

The F6B is definitely a keeper. These bikes are built for low maintenance and high mileage. I know I plan to have mine for a very long time.

As a former FJR Rider who wanted sport/tour, I found a cruiser who is really sport minded. My wife now is saying let's ride more than I used to.... Does not get better than that.