Is F6B a keeper?

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    11 km into the mine (six mile for you yanks)
    Defiantly not a trail bike...Defiantly a big and heavy stable platform....defiantly a keeper.
    You can thank Jimmy Carter for that... I do most things with a motorcycle that normal people don't do. I have not had a problem with gravel, or rain, Or wheelies, or burnouts, or running on a track.

This bike was not designed for track use, but it's design makes track use alot of fun.
    Eh, Different strokes......

I've got a 1/8 mile gravel driveway run with elevation changes (the kind that my cage can get stuck on in the winter) to get to the pavement and the only thing that comes to my mind every time I leave home or come back on the F6B is how much more pleasant it is than on the HD.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You wanna sell it?

HOW MUCH?

if you hate it that much, post it up... I know a few guys who'd love to get a deal on a used F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Love mine and plan on riding it till duct tape and bailing wire wont hold her together anymore.

I dont have the paint issue but do have the cold engine hesitation - I just let her warm up and no hesitation. I knew there was no cruise and dont care about it. A throttle lock works fine. I do wish there were more seat options, but its not a deal killer.

Handling at all speeds is great, especially in the twisties. Low speeds took practice, but its not too hard to get used to. I went from a 624 pound VT1100T to the F6b. No problem.

HHB,

I read your lost in amazement, waiting for the comedy punchline thinking it was a joke.

Bike is a keeper. No, it's not a sport bike, no it's not a dirtbike. But it is an awesome machine.

I love riding it. The only sad part for me is that because of my injured back I couldn't ride as much as I truly wanted.

Can't see trading the bike in for paint or a helmet lock issue. Gravel driveway perhaps. Never knew there were bikes that ride good on gravel other than dirt bikes. Hope you find your passion like I found mine.