Is F6B a keeper? - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Im always cruising Craigslist, there cant be a brand that beats HD for low mileage turn over.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

One each

I'm keeping the F6B for the long haul. Literally & figuratively.
    I'm keeping my 95 FLSTN Special as well.
    Two completely different rides.
    Variety is the spice.
    If I had to sell one? It'd be a tough call, but the B would still be here.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Angaston, Barossa Valley, South Australia.
    In Australia the F6B is damned competitively priced. I bought mine as an ex demo for $22900AUD. That is remarkable value. Base Harley FXD is more than that!! Mine is a keeper too. I will probably keep for 8-19 years then renew when I retire in 8-10 years. I love it to death.
    Remember. STAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

always rode a cruiser

I always rode a cruiser. The biggest change I noticed was riding position. The cruisers I rode had forward controls, the B has my feet almost directly under me. My old body didn't really care for that change. I could see people not liking that change and going back to the other position.

But I never rode the kind of miles I ride now. Truthfully, I could see me buying a full wing, black, of course AND keeping my B. The experience of owning this bike has been amazing. I can't stop anywhere with out someone asking questions about it and complimenting.

Most of the HD riders I know, pay dearly for the name. Then pay for mechanical parts to make the bike go and stop fast. And a few of them that drive their bikes hard have had bad luck.
    The Wing's unlimited miles 3 year warrantee speaks to the proven durability of the drivetrain. The power and handling were surprising to me.

I want to be different. I like that.
    To me, loud doesn't mean cool. A monster bike, snapping through the twisties of "the Dragon" two up, after a 1000 mile ride to get there... that's cool. Riding to the top of MT Washington, with all its beauty, and having people taking pictures of my bike... that's cool.

I just don't see many Wings being worked on in my travels. If they are stopped, someone's having coffee... that's cool.

But I'm different.

Not sure about the "quite a few" number, how many is quite a few? I just searched Craig's list in my area.
    Searching "F6B" I found three, all are posts from a dealer for a new purchase, nothing used.
    Searching "Harley" I found 2303, but that includes parts.
    Searching "Harley Davidson" the number dropped down to 880.
    Harley has been around forever so there are a ton in circulation.
    However, the F6B is only 2 years old, so I would imagine you would have to do the math on the percentage of
    F6B's for sale versus how many were sold in the area covered by your Craig's List search?
    Then compare that number to the number of Harley's available on Craig's List.
    I do agree with Spankyrir, the MSRP is too high.
    I was lucky to get my F6B with $4,000.00 of list on a Honda promotion. I also got a full 7-year
    warranty and $1,000.00 bonus bucks. With those 3 promotions I could not pass up the deal.
    I've only hade mine since April of this year, but for me, its a keeper.

Parking a F6B in your garage is much, much different that test riding one.

The moment I sat on the f6 at a bike show I thought it was smart, different and comfortable. That and 12 years of Harleys had me looking for something better. 1st test ride I was smitten and knew the Streetglide was doomed to be a trade. When prices dropped, it became doable. At first I thought the seat and riding position might be an issue, but now it's way more comfortable than the Harley. I doubt I'd ever own a Harley again, Harleys sell a legend, Honda sells a superbly engineered machine. I don't really know if I'm going to keep the my other two bikes now that the f6 is in the garage, nothing beats it. Now what to do with all the Harley t shirts? As others have mentioned, if Honda does bring the price down, I think a lot more folks might be looking this way.
    ss^,
    Ken

I know that this Forum is basically a "Fan Boy" page for the most part. We're all pretty much smitten by the F6B. I only say that because,at least to me, when I read or hear anecdotes about all the attention the bike gets, it comes to mind. However, in the most objective way I can be, I'm not exaggerating when I say this bike gets a LOT of positive attention from all riders including die hard Harley riders. Yesterday I heard the comment, 'It's about time Honda made a good looking bike like that"

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm keeping the F6B for the long haul. Literally & figuratively.
    Yep, this, exactly. I know pretty much every motorcycle on the market and have closely checked out pretty much everything in the touring category (except for the cruisers, which don't interest me at all). So I can state confidently, having eliminated other options, that the F6B is as close as the market provides to exactly what I'm looking for in an all-day comfort, beautiful, fun to ride, feature-rich, reliable motorcycle. Modding it to more closely fit my needs has been easy, and I'm almost done. I've stacked double the amount of miles this last year as I ever have on a bike. This one's a keeper.

I came from a 2013 roadglide to the f6. I really loved my roadglide and prob wouldn't have traded it if it hadn't broke down 4-5 times for the same electrical issue. I'm still having a hard time with letting that bike go harley def makes a beautiful looking bike Imo the f6 is different for better or worse in so many ways. I really love the snap of the f6 cause I have never owned a bike this fast and smooth but it does lack cock pit appeal. All those damn buttons looks so 20yrs ago. I think for the price Honda could have done a better job in that area. Its such a good looking bike though and it spanks a lot of bikes on the road. So I will keep it and pay it off Who knows what's next after the f6. Hey maybe Honda will get the cock pit updated and I'll trade up for a new one. Maybe hd will resolve there reliability issues (doubtful) and I'll get another Roadglide. Hahaha yeah right. I said goodbye to hd just like I do when I'm sitting next to one at a red light. The f6 is a keeper

I am not one of the people that bought at the right time to get these "good deals" so to speak...Even so, I got what I felt was a decent price on my trade, a 2011 Victory Vision, and a nice discount off MSRP at a time when Honda was not offering any discounts. Had bike custom painted at dealer and other goodies installed at delivery...Pipes, grips, chrome kickstand, etc. and love my F6B and plan to keep it for a while..At 74 this may, perhaps, be my last bike I don't know right now, but after owning many, many, bikes this is by far the nicest ride of them all!!..Spent the last couple days taking advantage of good weather in Michigan and stopped at a few dealers around the state. Harley, BMW, Victory,Indian...Nothing currently out there compares to the F6B, in my opinion, and for the money this bike is the best deal around....Ride safe and enjoy the day....