Is F6B a keeper? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Another reason folks may trade early is B/C they are coming in from the land of V-twins,,, The 6 is quite unlike a V-twin,,,.

If you define as the single pin sound cranked up to 11,,, the tiny bits to keep all polished and clean, and a 'lifestyle',,,, well, the 6 may not be 'fulfilling',,, Might be downright bland,,,

Different strokes for different folks.

It's possible that some of the F6B's he's seeing for sale are by owners who are looking to get a later model, hoping for cruise control or the upgraded tranny. Doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are disgruntled. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    I came from a 2013 roadglide to the f6. I really loved my roadglide and prob wouldn't have traded it if it hadn't broke down 4-5 times for the same electrical issue. I'm still having a hard time with letting that bike go harley def makes a beautiful looking bike Imo the f6 is different for better or worse in so many ways. I really love the snap of the f6 cause I have never owned a bike this fast and smooth but it does lack cock pit appeal. All those damn buttons looks so 20yrs ago. I think for the price Honda could have done a better job in that area. Its such a good looking bike though and it spanks a lot of bikes on the road. So I will keep it and pay it off Who knows what's next after the f6. Hey maybe Honda will get the cock pit updated and I'll trade up for a new one. Maybe hd will resolve there reliability issues (doubtful) and I'll get another Roadglide. Hahaha yeah right. I said goodbye to hd just like I do when I'm sitting next to one at a red light. The f6 is a keeper
    I too came from a 2011 roadglide ultra. Had electrical and mechanical issues, I almost sold the bike and give up riding altogether. It was no fun anymore. Then I went to look at a used goldwing and saw the f6, I immediately liked the look better than the wing. Took it out for test ride and bought it that day. Got a good price on trade in and never looked back. This bike is a keeper.

I don't think it has much to do with the bike. Lots of guys have buyers remorse after the payments start, and they think of other things they could use the money for. Nothing is better than that 'new bike feeling', but after that's gone, the payments are still there.

So they're basically 'renting' the bike for a while, have some fun, and sell it before winter starts when many can't ride it anyway.

Besides, there's always another bike to think about.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

After 18 days of ownership, my F6B is finding a new home.

I bought a new F6B on September 10, 2014 and I have never been more disappointed with a new bike in my 35 years of riding. After 18 days of ownership, it's going to be finding a new home this week. Perhaps part of my problem is that I have always ridden sportbikes, my latest one being a 2008 Kawi ZX-14, but that is not the whole reason that I am so disappointed. I am disappointed to pay nearly $20 for a bike that has paint that will scratch at the slightest touch. I am disappointed that the helmet holder lock won't work and is going to have to be replaced and I've never even used it yet. The shorty windscreen that came standard on the bike was useless, so I bought the tall Honda windscreen. Imagine my further disappointment when I removed the front fairing pieces to install the taller windscreen and found lots of loose hardware, such as screws, that had only been started in their holes, but left untightened. And then there is that God-awful gear whine that is as annoying as hell! I bought the deluxe Honda helmet headset and right out of the box, the first time I turned it on, the left speaker buzzes like a bee in my ear. And then, there is the heft of this bike that makes it totally unmanageable on my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. It simply won't go in gravel and I'm having to park it in my barn which is close to a blacktop road. So, as you can see, my experience with the F6B has been a total disappointment. I plan on trading it off this week as I have to have a bike that I can ride without all these problems. It's just not fun to ride! Through the years I've owned Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Yamahas... all of which have never given me a bit of trouble. This is my first Honda and it will be my last. Yes, I hate this bike and can't see it leave my garage soon enough! Honda Motors, you should be ashamed. Thanks for listening to me complain guys; I certainly wish my experience with the F6B could have been different. Peace everybody, HHB.
    Quote Originally Posted by dba777 View Post
    Hey respectful forum,

I am coming to a honda f6b community from years of riding american choppers and large cruisers.

Recently I test rode an F6B and was amazed how well bike handles and smoothness of a ride. I started looking at ebay and craiglist for f6b's for sale. One thing i noticed in common that quite a few f6b owners sell their bike within a year of ownership. For example I see bunch of 2013 F6B's under 2000 miles online for sale around 15K, mileage various from 200 to 2000. It makes me believe that ownership turnover of f6b is high, much more then I have seen on harley's, big dog etc...
    Taking into consideration that F6B is technically solid machine and has 3 year warranty, I rule out technical problems.
    What is forcing owners to sell bikes within a year of purchase? Is that a wrong image in a harley country? Lack of extreme?

Any ideas from the forum would be appreciated...

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by HHB View Post
    I bought a new F6B on September 10, 2014 and I have never been more disappointed with a new bike in my 35 years of riding. After 18 days of ownership, it's going to be finding a new home this week. Perhaps part of my problem is that I have always ridden sportbikes, my latest one being a 2008 Kawi ZX-14, but that is not the whole reason that I am so disappointed. I am disappointed to pay nearly $20 for a bike that has paint that will scratch at the slightest touch. I am disappointed that the helmet holder lock won't work and is going to have to be replaced and I've never even used it yet. The shorty windscreen that came standard on the bike was useless, so I bought the tall Honda windscreen. Imagine my further disappointment when I removed the front fairing pieces to install the taller windscreen and found lots of loose hardware, such as screws, that had only been started in their holes, but left untightened. And then there is that God-awful gear whine that is as annoying as hell! I bought the deluxe Honda helmet headset and right out of the box, the first time I turned it on, the left speaker buzzes like a bee in my ear. And then, there is the heft of this bike that makes it totally unmanageable on my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. It simply won't go in gravel and I'm having to park it in my barn which is close to a blacktop road. So, as you can see, my experience with the F6B has been a total disappointment. I plan on trading it off this week as I have to have a bike that I can ride without all these problems. It's just not fun to ride! Through the years I've owned Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Yamahas... all of which have never given me a bit of trouble. This is my first Honda and it will be my last. Yes, I hate this bike and can't see it leave my garage soon enough! Honda Motors, you should be ashamed. Thanks for listening to me complain guys; I certainly wish my experience with the F6B could have been different. Peace everybody, HHB.
    Sounds like the F6B is more bike than you can handle. Fairly common problem. Not sure why so many people buy the biggest bike they can find only to figure out it simply doesn't work for them. Good luck finding a bike that works for you.

Wow, I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience, I'll give you the paint issue. The helmet lock should be replaced under warranty.
    I hope you have better luck with your next ride.
    Ride Safe

I bought a new F6B on September 10, 2014 and I have never been more disappointed with a new bike in my 35 years of riding. .
    I, on the other hand, in my 53 years of riding (age 58) have never enjoyed a bike as much as I have the F6. I've been a life long motorcyclist and have owned a couple of hundred bikes. I have put more trouble free miles on this bike, in the time I have owned it, than any other bike before it. I have won championships racing motorcycles, have been associated with the MSF for twenty years, and can't even tell you the miles I have logged on two wheels. I write this, not arrogantly by any means, rather to reflect on my opinion of this motorcycle. No vehicle can do everything, however, this one does everything "I" want a bike to do, to the point that for the first time in decades, I own ONE motorcycle, because this is the only one I want to ride. Good luck on finding the one that will do for you, what my Honda F6B does for me.

One other thing, me and a lot of other guys around here just love flicking this hefty behemoth around in the twisties.

shooter
    HHB I'm not trying to be an ass and I'm not defending the B. You went from 500 lb bikes to an 850 lb bike. Big bikes aren't dirt bikes. Loose gravel is not a road. You should have put a little thought into your purchase. In your scenario an adventure bike might be more your cup of tea ie. part sport bike with some storage. Just sayin. I've lived on gravel roads and big bikes don't like loose gravel. If it's hard pack it is doable.

HHB, My experience is completely different from yours, but then my other bike is a Valkyrie. I'm in E-town, where did you buy your bike? Dan Powers?