Is F6B a keeper? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HHB View Post
    I bought a new F6B on September 10, 2014 and I have never been more disappointed with a new bike in my 35 years of riding. After 18 days of ownership, it's going to be finding a new home this week. Perhaps part of my problem is that I have always ridden sportbikes, my latest one being a 2008 Kawi ZX-14, but that is not the whole reason that I am so disappointed. I am disappointed to pay nearly $20 for a bike that has paint that will scratch at the slightest touch. I am disappointed that the helmet holder lock won't work and is going to have to be replaced and I've never even used it yet. The shorty windscreen that came standard on the bike was useless, so I bought the tall Honda windscreen. Imagine my further disappointment when I removed the front fairing pieces to install the taller windscreen and found lots of loose hardware, such as screws, that had only been started in their holes, but left untightened. And then there is that God-awful gear whine that is as annoying as hell! I bought the deluxe Honda helmet headset and right out of the box, the first time I turned it on, the left speaker buzzes like a bee in my ear. And then, there is the heft of this bike that makes it totally unmanageable on my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. It simply won't go in gravel and I'm having to park it in my barn which is close to a blacktop road. So, as you can see, my experience with the F6B has been a total disappointment. I plan on trading it off this week as I have to have a bike that I can ride without all these problems. It's just not fun to ride! Through the years I've owned Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Yamahas... all of which have never given me a bit of trouble. This is my first Honda and it will be my last. Yes, I hate this bike and can't see it leave my garage soon enough! Honda Motors, you should be ashamed. Thanks for listening to me complain guys; I certainly wish my experience with the F6B could have been different. Peace everybody, HHB.

Hey HHB,

Thank you for your opinion on the F6B. I have always been taking great care of my bikes, and it is to say the least, is upsetting to have things break. The paint issue is a known problem discussed in this forum on the multiple occasions. I believe an easy solution recommended by a member in one of the posts is to apply few coats of "Liquid Glass". It is relatively inexpensive under 20 bucks investment to protect a 20K machine. The speaker's buzzing and helmet set problem should be covered under warranty, I believe its 3 years and should be at no cost to the owner if I am not mistaken. I don't know about riding on a gravel, perhaps different tires will help. Perhaps someone might have a solution in this forum.

One thing I noticed browsing a forum is a relatively small number of complaints about technical issues. To me its a huge deal. My last ride was a large 9ft Big Dog v-twin chopper style bike, in the last 2 years I only put on it 1,000 miles and I had it towed to a shop at least 4-5 times due to various issues, mostly mechanical and some electrical problems that cost several thousand dollars to fix. Also, dealer support was non-existent, no warranty whatsoever. At some point I didn't care how great bike looked, I just got tired of seeing it on the back of the flatbed or at the shop on a lift.

Glad that I asked the question to hear so many opinions on the F6B.

And then, there is the heft of this bike that makes it totally unmanageable on my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. It simply won't go in gravel and I'm having to park it in my barn which is close to a blacktop road. So, as you can see, my experience with the F6B has been a total disappointment. I plan on trading it off this week as I have to have a bike that I can ride without all these problems.
    Ok, I'll say it: What an ass clown! You're really disappointed that an 820 lb bike "won't go in gravel", and you have to park it in your barn? That's some funny stuff! If this isn't a joke post (which I'm sure it is), I don't think I've ever met someone with such unrealistic expectations. Come on in to my used car dealership, we'd love to talk to you!

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Ok, I'll say it: What an ass clown!

Is that necessary? Attack the post, not the poster.
    Otherwise, this forum will deteriorate down to the level of most other forums. I don't think anyone here would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Is that necessary? Attack the post, not the poster.
    Otherwise, this forum will deteriorate down to the level of most other forums. I don't think anyone here would want that.
    The guy was obviously being facetious. Joke's on anyone who thinks he was serious with that mock story.
    Also, in TX we call an ass clown an ass clown

first of all...clutch is my wife.

Secondly, the point was that as the B is a great machine. It just has some differences in how its maintained. For example, the air cleaner is a bitch to get to. Its not better or worse, its just different. So, just keep the comments above board and not so damn hostile. We all have opinions, just find a way not to be a dick about it.

UM DUH!!!!

I bought a new F6B on September 10, 2014 and I have never been more disappointed with a new bike in my 35 years of riding. After 18 days of ownership, it's going to be finding a new home this week. Perhaps part of my problem is that I have always ridden sportbikes, my latest one being a 2008 Kawi ZX-14, but that is not the whole reason that I am so disappointed. I am disappointed to pay nearly $20 for a bike that has paint that will scratch at the slightest touch. I am disappointed that the helmet holder lock won't work and is going to have to be replaced and I've never even used it yet. The shorty windscreen that came standard on the bike was useless, so I bought the tall Honda windscreen. Imagine my further disappointment when I removed the front fairing pieces to install the taller windscreen and found lots of loose hardware, such as screws, that had only been started in their holes, but left untightened. And then there is that God-awful gear whine that is as annoying as hell! I bought the deluxe Honda helmet headset and right out of the box, the first time I turned it on, the left speaker buzzes like a bee in my ear. And then, there is the heft of this bike that makes it totally unmanageable on my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. It simply won't go in gravel and I'm having to park it in my barn which is close to a blacktop road. So, as you can see, my experience with the F6B has been a total disappointment. I plan on trading it off this week as I have to have a bike that I can ride without all these problems. It's just not fun to ride! Through the years I've owned Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Yamahas... all of which have never given me a bit of trouble. This is my first Honda and it will be my last. Yes, I hate this bike and can't see it leave my garage soon enough! Honda Motors, you should be ashamed. Thanks for listening to me complain guys; I certainly wish my experience with the F6B could have been different. Peace everybody, HHB.
    I'm pretty sure what the main problem here is that the bike is more than you can actually handle, have you taken a riders course or updated with an advanced course? Experienced riders whether it is an HD, Yama, Suz, BMW, Honda or Allstate Scooter can learn to negociate some gravel. The fly in the ointment comes when you are trying to ride it in sand, gravel or mud as you would on a hard top, you've got to find the friction zone on unstable surfaces and gingerly mover her along. I've been at it 49 years, and I've grabbed some front brake in gravel and landed on my chin, I've had them fall over bogged down in sand, but not just my F6B, HD's, and all the rest. You just got too much bike! You are smart to sell it and move on. For me, I've got a smile that won't quit every time I throw a leg over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dba777 View Post
    Hey respectful forum,

I am coming to a honda f6b community from years of riding american choppers and large cruisers.

Recently I test rode an F6B and was amazed how well bike handles and smoothness of a ride. I started looking at ebay and craiglist for f6b's for sale. One thing i noticed in common that quite a few f6b owners sell their bike within a year of ownership. For example I see bunch of 2013 F6B's under 2000 miles online for sale around 15K, mileage various from 200 to 2000. It makes me believe that ownership turnover of f6b is high, much more then I have seen on harley's, big dog etc...
    Taking into consideration that F6B is technically solid machine and has 3 year warranty, I rule out technical problems.
    What is forcing owners to sell bikes within a year of purchase? Is that a wrong image in a harley country? Lack of extreme?

Any ideas from the forum would be appreciated...

Thanks all!
    Forcing?

You should look around a little more. That is actually a generic question.

There are LOTS of one year old Harleys and a great number of used Harleys with mileage from 200 to 2000 being sold on ebay, craigslist etc.

Same could be said for many sport bikes.

No bike is unique in that regard. Some folks just change their minds.

And yes... it is a keeper.