Is F6B a keeper? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

HHB,

I read your lost in amazement, waiting for the comedy punchline thinking it was a joke.

Bike is a keeper. No, it's not a sport bike, no it's not a dirtbike. But it is an awesome machine.

I love riding it. The only sad part for me is that because of my injured back I couldn't ride as much as I truly wanted.

Can't see trading the bike in for paint or a helmet lock issue. Gravel driveway perhaps. Never knew there were bikes that ride good on gravel other than dirt bikes. Hope you find your passion like I found mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I am disappointed that the helmet holder lock won't work and is going to have to be replaced and I've never even used it yet

I got a crisp 20 that says the helmet lock ain't broke,,,,

But, if he's sellin it, no reason fer me ta tell him about the button,,,

yep, I thought the same thing till a guy at a different Honda dealer than the one I frequent showed me the button. I've rode more this year & a 1/2 since I turned 60 & bought this F6B than in the previous 10 years with 2 bikes. Love, love, love to ride now that I have this black fast one. I bought it before I rode it and the best decision I've made. I still consider it my new bike. And I have a 200yard drive on gravel up my driveway. Till I got used to it I was nervous. Now it ain't bad it all. Makes me feel 30 years younger every time I climb on.

I've got to wonder why you bought the F6B in the first place. I might give you the paint issue, although i don't personally have it. But to say it is no good on gravel. surely you knew you had a gravel drive before you decided what bike to get? Maybe i'm strange , but i put a LOT of thought into what bike i wanted. Taking into consideration where and how i ride and what i wanted a bike to be able to do.

Gravel?

Yeah all the bikes I've had prefer tar to gravel. My last Yamaha RoyalStar was very top heavy and a bear on gravel.
    Here are some challenging roads leading to Mt Washington, riding 2 up on the F6B, and had no real problems. And there had better NOT be. No guard rails and a 1000 ft drop on that corner!
    Certainly easier that the old Yami.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think HHB should move on to something that works better on gravel...Maybe a 4-wheeler or ATV......I doubt he will be happy with the F6B and perhaps should have not purchased it in the first place!!!..JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I think HHB should move on to something that works better on gravel...Maybe a 4-wheeler or ATV......I doubt he will be happy with the F6B and perhaps should have not purchased it in the first place!!!..JMHO
    Yeah, I hate gravel roads, but don't ride enough of them to worry.
    A 4-wheeler or an ATV would be a good choice, but the best way to ride on gravel is.... Yep, a Mars Rover!
    Attachment 8916

Getting back to reality for a minute: (But a million miles away from the OP...) If it were such a huge priority to ride the F6B on gravel, couldn't tire selection be made to greatly improve the situation? I know my son's 1980 GS750 handles dirt and gravel way better than anything I've ridden the last decade but he has period correct tires on it which are down right knobby compared to what we ride today.

I know the F6B will never be meant to be a dirt and gravel bike, (Maybe a dual sport flavor flat 6 should be Honda's next project?) but I think it could be made better suited for it is all I'm saying. Me? I avoid dirt like the plague.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Getting back to reality for a minute: (But a million miles away from the OP...) If it were such a huge priority to ride the F6B on gravel, couldn't tire selection be made to greatly improve the situation? I know my son's 1980 GS750 handles dirt and gravel way better than anything I've ridden the last decade but he has period correct tires on it which are down right knobby compared to what we ride today.
    I know the F6B will never be meant to be a dirt and gravel bike, (Maybe a dual sport flavor flat 6 should be Honda's next project?) but I think it could be made better suited for it is all I'm saying. Me? I avoid dirt like the plague.
    I don't know about that. The weight would be an issue. Yes, the F6B is lighter than the full wing, and the new Valkyrie is lighter that that, but how much more weight can you
    really shave off of that platform? If you wanted a dual sport, you'd also want a bit more ground clearance, then the c.o.g. is too high?
    I just cannot picture an 1832cc flat six running on knobby tires?
    If I had the urge for off road riding I go with a bike designed for that purpose like the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure.

Wink Feet~!

I started as a kid in the late 60's, dirt bikes, through BMW days & finally a Harley mid 70's. They all had pegs not footboards. Around '97 I went back to riding & I wondered why the Royal Star was awkward, just not "locked in" & sold it in '02. I haven't ridden the last 12 years & when I sat on the F6B my feet finally found home underneath me. It was just thousands of hours, miles, & a gazillion turns with pegs & that muscle memory can get burned into your brain....did mine anyway. So hands, Butt, Feet, & at my age the old thalamus & cerebellum are loving it again..just saying'..

I won't put much effort into this post, because it smells of a Troller! I put 5100 miles on my Red F6B in the first month that I owned it. I road twisties and I road Hwy. I am very very happy with all aspects of the bike. It has things that "I" don't like, but they are not things that affect the performance of the bike. I road with a friend that has a GSXR1000 the other day and we twisted the throttle pretty hard and he told me afterwards that he was pushing the GSXR a bit and was very impressed with the speed of the F6B.

For me this is the bike of the present and the future for me!