Is F6B a keeper? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

If I'm home, it takes me like 2 minutes max. And that's removing the luggage rack and back rest too. I have a Corbin. I will confess, I use a cordless impact.

I think Clutch's point was that it's considerably more involved to remove the seat on an F6B than it is on some other motorcycles -- specifically, the other one she is referencing.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I rarely remove my seat, but it doesn't take but a minute when I do. I kind of liken it to undressing my girl. Something I enjoy.

The seat installs on the F6B and Street Glide is like comparing apples to oranges..Much different...F6B is more difficult, especially if trying to do the Mustang seat for the first time....I'll give Clutch a "one-up" on this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    The seat installs on the F6B and Street Glide is like comparing apples to oranges..Much different...F6B is more difficult, especially if trying to do the Mustang seat for the first time....I'll give Clutch a "one-up" on this one!!!
    Absolutely!! Removing the stock F6B seat was easy, but installing the Mustang seat was a pain in the ass and required some wresting to finally get it into place. Harley seats are a breeze to remove and replace. One bolt usually and your done.

And the reality to all this is.....HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU REMOVE THE SEAT??? If I liked or disliked a bike by the number of bolts holding on the seat, I think I'd quit.

Let's face it, some of the disassembly steps are as if they were designed by little Japanese people... oops.

I'm partial Japanese so I can make that joke, right? Riiiight.

But once you have the 6 setup there's be nothing in your way. Next stop 100,000 miles, then maybe I'll want a new seat for the next hundred thou.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Let's face it, some of the disassembly steps are as if they were designed by little Japanese people... oops.

I'm partial Japanese so I can make that joke, right? Riiiight.

But once you have the 6 setup there's be nothing in your way. Next stop 100,000 miles, then maybe I'll want a new seat for the next hundred thou.
    One other thing, and then I'm done....If it wasn't for those pesky hand rails that require the removal of 4 bolts to take off the seat, I wouldn't take my grandkids for a ride. As much as I'd rather have my wife's arms around me when we ride, she feels a whole lot safer holding on to the rails. The HD does not have hand rails, something HD did away with a long time ago. Ok...I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    And the reality to all this is.....HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU REMOVE THE SEAT???
    Twice in 2 months. The first time to install the brackets for the back rest/carrier, the second to access the DLC for the Healtech digital gear indicator to plug into.

absolutely a keeper

you c an have my f6b when you twist it out of my cold dead fingers........or when some thing better comes along......I would never compromise my thirst for performance by purchasing less.........American v twins just don't cut it for me no more ......had my share ....wrapping planned obsolescence in the American flag is a suckers game.....paint problem got you down ???? spray that flat six with a garden hose ,let it dry over night .....hit the road before the sun rises, smile on your face...."lookin for adventure in whatever comes your way".....wake up America "the titanic sails at dawn".................hope to see you on the mountain .......later......red dog.........