OK, I know we don't buy these toys to expect good mileage, but I like to check mine once in awhile just to see if everything is still performing as it should.

I finally got the items squared away that caused me to miss the Franklin Rally so last week I decided to take a road trip. I headed South from Northern Indiana for the Smoky Mountains for a 3 or 4 day loop. I traveled more Interstate miles than I really like to, but I had limited time. I did stay a night in Franklin at the Microtel(Good experience) and also enjoyed a meal at Fatz next door(endless ribs)before making the turn to head North through Cherokee and Pigeon Forge.

Intstead of just mentally calculating my mileage at each fill up I kept all of my gas receipts and figured my fuel consumption when I got home. All in all I was amazed at the mileage this F6B got compared to my '98 Valkyrie which normally returned about 36mpg on a trip like this.

Anyway, I traveled a total of 1207.8 miles and burned 26.925 gallons of gas for an average of 44.85mpg.
When on the Interstate highways I was running at 72 - 80 mph and when on surface roads it was whatever the conditions dictated. I don't know what others are getting for mpg, but I'm really happy and surprised at my results even with a heavier bike with 300 more cc's. I think that the aerodynamic shape of the fairing & my small Clearview compared to the "barndoor" OEM Valkyrie windshield greatly contributed to my good mileage.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.