Gas mileage is sic! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas mileage is sic!

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    OK, I know we don't buy these toys to expect good mileage, but I like to check mine once in awhile just to see if everything is still performing as it should.

+1.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    OK, I know we don't buy these toys to expect good mileage, but I like to check mine once in awhile just to see if everything is still performing as it should.
    I agree wholeheartedly. "Unexplained changes" are the predictors of issues. I have written somewhere in these hallowed pages that I keep a logbook with each vehicle, recording everything that goes on, comes off, goes in, and how far. Plus, when any and all servicing is performed, the date and the odo reading. New noises & vibrations are also noted for posterity.
    Paper & pen are cheap as compared to major maintenance.

I do not expect everyone to understand why I do this, but if you have ever maintained a helicopter, or a fleet of 16 helicopters, documenting these things always helps - even if to provide a benchmark of perfection.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    +1.
    I had to do this on my Rune...I had BBS on 4 occasions and had 4 complete throttle bodies installed on it....although we mostly just pile on these threads it is done is jest!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Always good to compare what other guys are getting on theirs. Some folks don't care, but when gas cracks $5-6 a gallon in a few years, maybe that will make them believers. That, or they have a way better retirement strategy than me.
    ss^,
    Ken

MPG to Mt Washington and back to CT

We just got back from Mt Washington in NH and actually went up to the Canadian border at Pittsburg NH.

So what I got for mileage was between 36 and 45.
    Towing the trailer on the highway around 75 mph +-10, we got 36-40 mpg.
    On the backroads at or under 50 MPH mostly in top gear I was in the mid 40's. Definitely with this engine and it's torque, I upshifted quickly and stay in 5th as much as possible. Two up, towing and still get mid 40's through the hills of NH? Not bad at all I'd say...