Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Washing / cleaning was why I bought the high lift. Don't need it anymore,,,

I was of the opinion I'd avoid laying the bike over to change the rear tire,,,, until it came time to do it... Just way too darn easy, faster, (and possibly safer) to lay it over than any other way.

Jack the bike up,,, on a jack,,, to change oil? Eh, well,,, if that's what ya want to do,,, I'm sure it can be done that way,,,

The 6 is a dream to change oil on compared to other bikes,,,

Besides, I like laying on the floor,,,, Sometimes I'll take a little nap while I'm down there,,, I have to admit, I'm usually not alone on these adventures,,, Roxy, my dog, usually has to come over and briefly 'supervise' the process,,, 'Hazards' usually consist of big, wet, dog kisses!!! LOL!!!
To each their own, but I don't see why I'd want to lay on the floor when I can sit on my little work chair that scoots around just great. It takes me what 10 to 30 seconds to have my bike in the air at eye level. Sorry, just makes more sense to me. If I had no jack, I could see laying it over on it's side to change the rear wheel, but why? I spend enough time crawling and scooting from high to low in my profession. Why do it at home. I'm a service technician in commercial HVAC-R . I'm a firm believer in tools and proper equipment.