Where Were you in 1975? - ThrowbackThursday

Thread: Where Were you in 1975? - ThrowbackThursday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

where were you in 75?

the eleventh grade.....trying to get my girlfriend alone any where I possibly could......trying to keep that stupid clamp that held the front exhaust pipe on my sportster from coming loose again.....racing around out the desert on a 360 Yamaha mx I purchased from a another kid who destroyed his knee on it ......attending great big giant open parties with a rather jaded assortment of biker,hippy,lowrider kids while I should have at home studying algebra and chemistry .............'' momma tried to teach me better ......momma tried, momma tried . I have only me to blame cause momma tried......god bless Merle Haggerd,Johnny Cash,Jimmy HEndrix and all the others from that time period that are no longer with us as we journey on this ship of fools.........hope to see you up on the mountain.....red dog

Working on post graduate studies and compulsively riding. I sold everything I owned and traded in my BMW R75/5 which had over 120,000 miles for a new smoke R90S. Unfortunately, I only got 28 miles on the R90S when a drunk driver came out of a one way alley going the wrong way and I center punched her. I hit her so hard the bike stuck in the side of her car which was an old heap. I flew and flipped landing on my backside. The good news was I had full leathers on with gloves. I didn't walk away but I was ok. The bike was terrible and what wasn't wrecked was finished off by the towing company when they wrapped chains around the bike and let it swing around smashing into the back off the tow truck all the way to the impound lot. The bike was totaled and I bought it back from the insurance company and repaired it with new parts throughout. I rode it 119,000+ miles before selling it. Anecdotally, I heard that the bike ended up with around 350,000 on it, which I can't prove, but like to believe is true. Like others, I continued to ride while living the middle class mundane existence of wife, kids and career. Oh yeh, I seemed to have changed wives somewhere in there, all for the better and even more riding.