Where Were you in 1975? - ThrowbackThursday - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where Were you in 1975? - ThrowbackThursday

where were you in 75?

the eleventh grade.....trying to get my girlfriend alone any where I possibly could......trying to keep that stupid clamp that held the front exhaust pipe on my sportster from coming loose again.....racing around out the desert on a 360 Yamaha mx I purchased from a another kid who destroyed his knee on it ......attending great big giant open parties with a rather jaded assortment of biker,hippy,lowrider kids while I should have at home studying algebra and chemistry .............'' momma tried to teach me better ......momma tried, momma tried . I have only me to blame cause momma tried......god bless Merle Haggerd,Johnny Cash,Jimmy HEndrix and all the others from that time period that are no longer with us as we journey on this ship of fools.........hope to see you up on the mountain.....red dog

Working on post graduate studies and compulsively riding. I sold everything I owned and traded in my BMW R75/5 which had over 120,000 miles for a new smoke R90S. Unfortunately, I only got 28 miles on the R90S when a drunk driver came out of a one way alley going the wrong way and I center punched her. I hit her so hard the bike stuck in the side of her car which was an old heap. I flew and flipped landing on my backside. The good news was I had full leathers on with gloves. I didn't walk away but I was ok. The bike was terrible and what wasn't wrecked was finished off by the towing company when they wrapped chains around the bike and let it swing around smashing into the back off the tow truck all the way to the impound lot. The bike was totaled and I bought it back from the insurance company and repaired it with new parts throughout. I rode it 119,000+ miles before selling it. Anecdotally, I heard that the bike ended up with around 350,000 on it, which I can't prove, but like to believe is true. Like others, I continued to ride while living the middle class mundane existence of wife, kids and career. Oh yeh, I seemed to have changed wives somewhere in there, all for the better and even more riding.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Back when it was "sexual disneyland"......
    $10 in your pocket made the whole night. Drinks for you and guests, dinner, hotel, and a jeepney ride back to base in the a.m.

Wow, so many great memories, am I right? You all had me laughing. This thread turned out far better than I could have imagined!

I remember I was racing motocross as a teenager and when I saw the first GL1000 the first thing I said was, "Look at the size of that engine!" As big as it seemed to me then, I look at it now and realize how much smaller it is than the current Goldwing. That was the beginning of a legend and at the time I didn't even realize it. Good times...keep riding and making more memories

Rick

Junior in High School and hitting the trails on a Suzuki 185. The pic below isn't my bike, but this was the color.

Attachment 9038
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always try to positively influence a negative situation. ~author unknown

Mine: '13 Gray Metallic
    The wife's: '13 F6B Black
    (Double) Darksider #487
    Michelin Alpin (current)
    Battle Axe BT45
    Proud to be a FREE American and I thank the Vets that did it for me!!!

'08 Titanium Wing
    '79 Yamaha 750 Special
    '78 Honda 750, '72 Honda 350, '73 Suzuki 250, '75 Suzuki 185, '72 Suzuki 90

High School, riding a Honda Mini-Trail 50 all over town.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

I was riding around the Bronx on one of these getting ready for the bicentennial.

Forty years ago!!

I was in College following my Discharge from the US NAVY at the end of the Viet-Nam War. I was riding a Norton 850cc Commando, It was White (mostly) red and blue.

Attachment 9050

Bought my first Honda!

Paper route money, living in Yorktown VA. ( I hated those winter mornings, getting up before the sun to deliver those papers ) I was the only boy in the neighborhood who had a dirtbike, everyone else had those mini bikes with lawnmower engines. Yeah they can suck it...

The 1975 - XR75 (me and Evil Knievel, kickin ass & takin names)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Jr. in high school. 17 years old and thought I knew everything. Three things were very important to me. Wrestling on the high school team, my 1968 Mustang, and my 400 Super Sport Honda. Wished I still had the last two.