Is F6B a keeper? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is F6B a keeper?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    So, just keep the comments above board and not so damn hostile. We all have opinions, just find a way not to be a dick about it.
    Heh heh heh! I can be quite "Dick-ish" myself!!! LOL!!! Gotta have thick skin,,,

But on the flip side, the title of the thread is "Is F6B a keeper?" After reading some of the posts, you do have to wonder "Are all F6B riders 'keepers'?"

(No reference whatsoever to Spanky + Clutch's relationship, just F6B riders in general)

Is the F6B just a 'Gateway bike' until we all turn into grumpy old GoldWing riders!!??!!

Tuck me to Fears!!! Stop the Bus!!! I want off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Heh heh heh! I can be quite "Dick-ish" myself!!! LOL!!! Gotta have thick skin,,,

But on the flip side, the title of the thread is "Is F6B a keeper?" After reading some of the posts, you do have to wonder "Are all F6B riders 'keepers'?"

(No reference whatsoever to Spanky + Clutch's relationship, just F6B riders in general)

Is the F6B just a 'Gateway bike' until we all turn into grumpy old GoldWing riders!!??!!

Tuck me to Fears!!! Stop the Bus!!! I want off!!!!
    OK now that's funny right there. +1

Red face

I'm still setting up my F6B (just installed modified stock seat, installed a windshield but waiting for new windshield to come in), so those minor painpoints are bothering me as a newbie since they're affecting me right now.

Shooter, F6B is DEFINITELY easier to wash than the Street Glide. I spent 8 hours detailing that thing to sell it. Every. Single. Piece. Of. Chrome. had to be polished. Holy crap. It sure looked nice in the end though.

As for the F6B being more complicated in some areas ... From the country that developed Six Sigma (where fractions of pennies and seconds affect the bottom line), I would expect maximum efficiency in the use of materials and manufacturing process, and that is exactly what Honda did with the F6B. Sure, it would be easier for the end user to add/remove things if everything were attached independently -- but it would have created unnecessary inefficiency to the manufacturing process of the product. Honda consolidated this by sharing screws and bolts throughout the bike. I can appreciate the manufacturing efficiency on this, and can reasonably assume the engine efficiency (leading to performance) is also designed better than other bikes.

As for some guys being dicks ... I expect it. Some men are truly more emotional than women about their bikes and are unwilling to make impartial comparisons. (For example, they guys who think fiddling with 6-10 screws with an impact wrench is more user-friendly than a single thumb screw ...)

Now, criticize my favorite purse or shoes or the sheer numbers of which I've collected over the years, and you're gonna get flamed mercilessly!

Much love and respect to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

Now, criticize my favorite purse or shoes or the sheer numbers of which I've collected over the years, and you're gonna get flamed mercilessly!
    We'll need to see some pics of you and all that stuff before we can criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    We'll need to see some pics of you and all that stuff before we can criticize.

Are we going to have to start a separate "Shoe/Handbag' thread!?!?!

Mrs Scotrod does pretty good, but still, "WTF ya need all that stuff for?"

Poor Woman can't leave the house w/o a sack full a stuff,,,,

TRUE STORY:

In Franklin, we'd go to Shoney's for breakfast. (Easy walking distance, but we'd ride/drive b/c we are fat/lazy)

Head to Shoney's, come straight back to the motel and then get ready to ride,,,

We took my truck once, then my bike. Do you think she could be without that dayum 10 gallon purse during breakfast?!?!?

Here we are, 2 up on my bike, riding about 126 ft, and she's luggin a goddam bag that makes a 10 lb bag of taters look small,,,

I'm buying, so WTH do ya need that dayum thing for?!?!?! Would NOT leave the motel w/o it!!! JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish these forums had a "Like" or "Thanks" button (psssssssst .... Admin)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

As for some guys being dicks ... I expect it. Some men are truly more emotional than women about their bikes and are unwilling to make impartial comparisons. (For example, they guys who think fiddling with 6-10 screws with an impact wrench is more user-friendly than a single thumb screw ...)
    I'd gladly "fiddle" with 6-10 screws than own an H-D that used a single thumb screw.
    And BTW, I'm proud to be a dick who is very emotional about my 'B. Best bike on the planet!
    Only wannabe pirates and lemmings own an H-D.

Hmm,,

Can we call ya "bigemotionalbirddick" then?

I've been called every name under the sun for as long as I can remember, so I pretty much answer to,,,

eh,,,

nothing anymore!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Hmm,,

Can we call ya "bigemotionalbirddick" then?

Yes.

But most male birds do not have a dick. They have a cloaca.

You might want to google that.

Now with cruise and only $500 increase I am in and yes I think it will be a keeper.