Tex, I can appreciate that some folks just have to have something when they see it, and normally I have no problem buying bikes. Hell I've probably owned more new bikes in the past 20 years than most folks in a lifetime. Let me put it another way. I owned a first year Vision, was not love at first sight and in fact was like the F6.... took a while for me to warm up to it before I finally took one for a test ride and decided to buy. Put 46k on the odo in two years and purchased something new, simply because I wanted to.
Maybe that there is the hang up. Normally I'll pick up something new every two years, just because I want a change. This time I'm shopping because I have to. I just want to have some idea of others thoughts about the F6 before I buy. What did they come off of? Does it live up to their expectations? Heck already I learned that the Canadian and Auzzie version has ABS.
Bottom line is I have never seen a pic of any bike that made me just need to have it. It has to be right and you can't know that by simply walkin into a dealership, you have to ask around. I'll surely discard some things folks have to say because they just won't apply to me, but I've discovered sometimes someone says something that has not been considered previously. For example you said you traded a perfectly good 12 for the F6. Going from a GW to a GW shouldn't take a lot of convincing if the plan was to simply go more sporty and the F6 option is there.
I appreciate your thoughts, so thanks.