F6 Nickel test, try it with the F6B

Thread: F6 Nickel test, try it with the F6B

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

F6 Nickel test, try it with the F6B

This has always been impressive to show other Riders at motorcycle events.

If you are going to try this, you need a fairly NEW Nickel with clean edges, make sure it does NOT fall into the bowels of the engine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltreXdBlC4

Yep, been doin that with my Valkyrie for years.. Always fun to watch the reactions

I did that on my f6b and it works I found a spot on the valve cover hit the starter and hit the throttle a couple of times and it stayed up.

I've done it with an old nickel and even a penny. I do it for my students to show them why I-6 and F-6 motors last so long. Perfect internal balance.

The coin & balance

For years I have had F6 motorcycles (Valkyrie Standard, Interstate, & Rune; Wing 96, 99, 02 & 08; and next week F6B) and one of the least mentioned positive features of the six cylinder engine is that it needs little or no balancing to run perfectly smooth. This reminds me of an encounter between a Valkyrie Club member and a former Valkyrie Club member who had just traded his Interstate in on a Road King. The former Valkyrie owner said "any more than two cylinders is just a waste". Without missing a heart beat the Valkyrie owner said "you are right, last night I pulled the spark plug wires to numbers 3, 4, 5, & 6 and drove up the street and back and it ran just like a Harley". The twenty or so bystanders died laughing.